• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Want to Buy Koni Front Strut NEW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beans

Addicted CEG'er
Koni struts are discontinued for the Contour, and i'm fairly certain i bought the last front strut in North America, i've called several dozen places and it seems 'm SOL i got 2 new rear and one front...

If you have a front Koni strut i am very interested :(

I already contacted them. Most if not all of the resellers don't stock and drop ship. This is the response:

I already did all of ebay,
Bat,
Tunersports (where i got my 3 )
THMotorsports ( This company can eat a dick BTW )
Koni Market
Amazon
Ajusa
nopi
tirerack
and a few others... Might have to get one from the UK =/

Dear abeans07,

I am currently out of stock on these. I contacted the manufacturer and they have provided me with an ETA of July on these.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

Thanks

Nope, they are completely discontinuing production of it.

Adam,

Thank you for contacting us here at KONI NA. Unfortunately the shocks have been discontinued and are no longer available.

Mason O’Hara

Technical Sales Representative

KONI North America

1961A International Way

Hebron, Ky. 41048

859 488-0324

i ordered a pair from koni-na yesterday. well it processed anyway. havent heard otherwise yet

konis are rebuildable so thats an option. they also sell inserts, but ive not found the correct ones yet

Yeah i know... 170$ to rebuild + parts,usually 250$ a strut. Thats more than a new asssembly, not sure if they sandblast and repaint either, so id have a nasty rebuilt 250$ used strut. But i might have no choice if spax has a different spring perch setup. Did somthing happen to your konis?

i may have one that doesnt like to rebound. need to swap them side to side to see if the problem moves

•••• yesh Amazon did have one in stock! 211$ but whatever. Im pretty sure thats it though. No more konis for conturds

Its on ze way.

Man that is messed up. The sales manager told me there was none, all the companies i contacted said they couldn't get anymore either i got about 50 emails.

Oh well, story of my life i suppose.

always start at the source and work your way down.

ive already got them stripped, going to put them on after the event tomorrow

I did start at the source, I emailed Koni NA. "Sorry Adam they are discontinued."

..Don't rub it in. :p

I did start at the source, I emailed Koni NA. "Sorry Adam they are discontinued."
Too bad, you probably got a drone who didn't know anything, but it makes me wonder how much stock they actually have, and it may deplete rapidly, if there's any left at all. I used to have a technical contact at Koni-NA, but I think he's retired. <feeling old...>

It would be nice to have force-damping curves for these struts so we can figure out how much spring rate they can handle.

Yep. I can't imagine many left...

I wonder if Spax adjustable would be a equivalent for coilover setups like yours or ground controls. At least i'll be able to rebuild what i have now in case something does happen. Speaking of which, send me a pm back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back