• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Want to Buy Performance Suspension + Side Skirts + Possibly Front T-Red Bumper

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwikndrty

CEG'er
My last CSVT I had installed Intrax springs with KYB GR2's and had good luck with about 2 years of driving on them. I will listen to whatever is available out there.

The side skirts are missing so I need a set with jack point covers.

I just acquired this car and the front bumper (about where a Mirko Splitter would cover up) has seen better days, lots of heavy scrapes/gouges and whatever the original owner kept hitting, tore the inner fender liner attaching points..even the right cross bar tore off!
I will try and repair what I have If I cannot locate a bumper in better shape or a splitter to buy/install.

A trunk lid SVT badge or a complete t-red trunk lid would do as there a a few dents in mine.

:blackeye: Trying to bring #208 back to life! :help:

Thanks!

Can you elaborate on that blu_fuz?
Currently, the vehicle is up on stands in the garage while I am replacing the CV joints, power steering lines and brakes. Soon, I would like to move onto the suspension.

Anyone? I think I will repair the front bumper but still need red T-Red side skirts and covers as well as suspension. I prefer springs and struts over coilovers but will listen to all.

Ok, I filled the need for suspension. Next on the priority list are finding a set of side skirts and covers. I see some listed here and there but no one has gotten back to me. That set on eBay is too rough for me. I don't mind some gouging but broken tabs I don't want to deal with.

Since these are hard to find, I am willing to listen to what anyone has available.

A tred svt just popped up in a local junk yard. Missing atleast a jp cover or 2. Ill call them and get a price on the skirts with whatever jp covers are left if you want.

Scratch that. The D2 coilover seller just refunded my money stating one of the front struts has a stripped nut.
I am back to square 1. Hey solo, did you call the yard that has the skirts? If not, I can call if you know what yard its at?

Much appreciated.

Ok, so round 2: I bought new KYB's and H&R's so I am back in business with suspension. I've already picked up the struts locally, new mounts and springs are in transit :)

I still need red side skirts. I see some cheesy aftermarket ones on eBay ...do I dare? LOL

Ok, I bought only the driver side skirt off that T-Red CSVT seen above--the passenger side was missing a big chunk. Thanks to solo92s10, he is going to ship it to me! Very nice of you to do that BTW!

Now, I need the passenger side. Preferibly in T-Red but being a rare piece I am looking for any colors at this point.

Yeah, that crack doesn't look too bad. I don't think it shows from the front does it? If all the tabs are intact then I am very interested. What do you want for it? I sent you a PM if you rather reply there? Thanks!

Question: Are the jack point covers the same for side-to-side and left-to-right, or are they asymmetrical?

Crack does not show from the front. Tabs are intact. I'm checking for the shipping cost.
As for the jack point covers, you might check with some of the longer time members.
When I have been looking at them, they seem to be unique to front or back. But are close enough to work at any position.

Crack does not show from the front. Tabs are intact. I'm checking for the shipping cost.
As for the jack point covers, you might check with some of the longer time members.
When I have been looking at them, they seem to be unique to front or back. But are close enough to work at any position.

Perfect, thank you!

I have purchased the passenger skirt from JKYoder (thank you!), so I am set on skirts now.
What I know I have coming (from the salvage yard 'tour from above) is driver and passenger FRONT jack point covers. If it matters for placement(?), I need both rear jack point covers.

Anyone?

I prefer t-red covers, but if not, I can probably have NAPA mix me up a spray can or 2 of the exact paint code and re-paint them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back