• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

How-to: Oil change

Was reading the oil change write up & thought to add this:

I wrap a folded piece of aluminum foil around the front of the Y pipe near the oil drain plug. Any oil splash or impact that would normally hit the exhaust is now contained on a small, disposable bit of aluminum.

The fold(s) makes sure the foil thickness is enough to avoid a tear during install.

Hi, This post of mine is very beneficial and informative, however there are some specific facts or information that I require. If anyone can help me in this matter then please send me a private message. Best Regards,

Pakistan Property | Wholesale Suppliers
Wholesale Canadian Directory | Property & Real Estate Directory
Ray said:
(actual links removed to protect members who aren't as smare as they should be!)

[Merlin] Be Gone With You!!![/Merlin]
Poof!

Last edited by a moderator:
Super Tech oil. $3/qt, independently tested and found to be a very good quality synthetic. Use motorcraft filters. Change ever 3k miles or so. Car has 0 issues, oil is always clean, done and done. No need to be spending tons of money on "super deluxe made with parts from de-commissoned submarines" oil.

Oh and yes I use 6.5 quarts too.

i started running mobil-1 5/30 full syn in my pt cruiser when i bought it and it ran great. i was getting ready to post asking if anyone had ran full synthetic in their contours when i found this post LOL . THANK YOU!

Back