• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Beginners How To: Throttle Hang Fix

Hi guys. Could you please tell me How can I do this on a 98 4cyl. Zetec manual trans? Pictures would be VERY appreciated ;-) Thanks.

I know this thread is ancient but I just bought my svt a week ago and instantly noticed the rpms hanging between gears, so off to Google I went, and found this. I bought a 3/4" cap, drilled the 3/16 hole, threw it in there, and the car drives amazing now. Thanks OP, if you're still around!

Bought my SVT Contour a week ago and the throttle hang was the 1 issue that was driving me crazy. Performed this simple fix and found that the 7/32 hole fit my driving style the best. Thanks to the forum for this very effective fix.

Just bought a 98 SVT and have been plagued by the throtte hang. Needless to say I will be performing this fix ASAP.

Reviving a super old post, but my car is doing this as well. Did anyone that did this ever have issues from the fix? I feel like this is a bandaid, and doesn’t fix the original issue. Any insight 9 years later would be great.

Reviving a super old post, but my car is doing this as well. Did anyone that did this ever have issues from the fix? I feel like this is a bandaid, and doesn’t fix the original issue. Any insight 9 years later would be great.
Considering it's explained that it's part of the emissions "fixes" made by Ford, this seems to be the official fix, not just a bandaid. I'm currently in process of doing it to mine today, hopefully to eliminate the moosing, and hang at the same time.

Back