• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

A/C Install and Starter

CSVT_2004

Hard-core CEG'er
I have an A/C install help guide with pictures that I made, which is posted on my website, I also put a new starter in this weekend with my dad, but I haven't made anything for it yet. Got pics and video, but nothing written yet. You can find the link to my site in my signature, and then it's under the downloads section. I guess if there is enough interest in the starter how-to, I'll write it up, which I'll probably do anyways.

Attachments

• AC How To Redux..pdf
    372.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited by a moderator:
I have an A/C install help guide with pictures that I made, ..., I also put a new starter in this weekend with my dad, but I haven't made anything for it yet. Got pics and video, but nothing written yet.... I guess if there is enough interest in the starter how-to, I'll write it up, which I'll probably do anyways.
Do it. TIA. :)

This is a great guide and I wish I had known of its existence before I replaced the A/C compressor in my car. If I could offer one criticism, I noticed this sentence near the end:

Our new rings probably would of worked if we had lubed it, so give it a shot if you have some and if it doesn’t work, use the old rings I guess.

FYI you should always lube new O-rings by coating them in PAG oil or refrigerant before you install them, as the Ford maintenance documentation advises to do.

Back