• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New Bike

dlphnfn

Veteran CEG'er
My back has been bothering me again lately, so I quit running. I've been gaining weight, so I started looking at bikes to workout more... I had a decent bike in college, but got rid of it somewhere along the lines of job, wife, babies, moves, etc... :)
Here is what I ended up with. Cannondale Quick 5.
quick.jpg

I got a decent deal on it too. It lists at 590, and I got it for 520. My wife thought it was a good enough deal, she got one for herself!

What is anyone else riding? It's been a long time since I rode a bike longer than across town.
Erick --

That's sharp, I've been meaning to get one for the past year or two but there always seems to be something more urgent draining my spending money.

I used to have a basic mountain bike (Jeep Grand Cherokee from Sears, whatever that meant) but I rode the hell out of that thing. Took me literally everywhere in high school and college and I was in good shape because of it. Afterwards I was storing it on the balcony of an old ••••ty aparment I used to live in. The balcony was above the garbage bins so I never went out there. When I moved I discovered that a family of pigeons had made it their own personal outhouse. Thing was literally coated in bird •••• and I couldn't wait to get out of that apartment building, so I abandoned it.

Was gonna say I'll get one next spring, but I suppose the deals would be hot now that summer's winding down.

I like it! I've been interested in road bikes lately but know very little about them. I'm riding a Diamondback Sorrento from 2006, it's a pretty basic mountain bike but it does the job and is still in great shape. I don't really ride anywhere a mountain bike is necessary so the road bikes interest me.

Well, I bought this one just a few weeks ago. I've been riding the trails we have here that are mostly black topped old train tracks, so they're super smooth and flat. I kind of wish I would have bought a real road bike with down bars. Oh well, this one rides really well and is great for what I bought it for.... Which is getting off my ass and doing something! :)

Nice Bike! I just recently picked up a Specialized Myka Disc 26" (mountain bike). I got it for similar reasons, I have a mild back injury, and running aggravates it. I really dig my bike! Haven't taken it on any rough trails yet, but I can't wait!

Back