• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Parts unknown

terryford8

CEG'er
Ok so the walnut dash panel that hold headlite switch decides to split and the crack drives me crazy
How hard can it be to replace...hold one/ here's an American 99 mystique/and they have a decent ship rate to Canada...i'm golden...ooops not so fast...for some reason...the USA part is smaller...$45 down the drain.
I know the shape of the headlite switch is different..why...well its beyond me...but finally got off my butt and used fibreglass to reinforce the back of the panel and will live with the results..
I throw my Formula 1 photos from Montreal in...as eye candy..
Doug
A few weeks after this photo Ford Tyrell driver Francois Cevert died in a crash at Watkins Glen. This caused teammate Sir Jackie Stewart to retire
99 Merc Mystique &#.jpgFormula One driv&#101.jpgFERRARI FORMULA ONE&.jpgFormula One 2003 &#77.jpg

Top one is from a Pre-98, different dash. Doesn't have anything to do with US or Canadian parts.

$45 is a ripoff for that part - yikes!

Aaron
my fault i should have added that price including shipping to Canada
Part was $15 and this guy swore it was from a 99 mystique..and...he was one
of the few junkyard guys that even bothered to reply to me..
Getting stuff in Canada is crazy...ford canada wanted $300 for rear control arm..the skinny flat piece
doug
Here is the ad on ebay...they have 1999 marked on the side...this is in no way to argue
or point fingers at the seller...he was a really decent guy who offered me my money back but
shipping was more than part was worth...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/16096401292...em=&sspagename=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123&vxp=mtr

Actually the top is from a 98 Mystique. The Pre-98 Mystiques did not have the wood grain, only black plastic. The bottom one is from a (98.5?)99-2000 Mystique. Ford directly copied the Contour dash with the exception of wood grain instead of the black plastic the Contour got.

UPDATE so despite telling me car was 1999...the bill of sale says 1998...

hey Twin
thanks for the info...when i took apart my 1999 merc mystique LS sport
speedo// it had a made late 1998 sticker on it...
So prob the junkyard guy mislabelled his 98 mystique as a 99
This helps me narrow down my search...
doug

CSVTFGM
Did you take that photo of Senna????
Didn't want to blow my own horn..too much...lol
Actually on my facebook site I have over a dozen Formula One world champions I have been lucky enough to photograph
From Sir Jackie Stewart Senna Mansell Prost...in the old days walking around the paddock with these guys was thrilling
beyond measure..nowadays the access is so much harderSenna Lotus close.jpgView attachment 14978Nigel Mansell in .jpggillesvilleneuve.jpg

Terry,

I too have taken many F1 photos from various races over the years. I was fortunate enough to meet Senna (The Greatest) in the garage area at the Italian GP at Monza in 1992. I was AWESTRUCK to say the least, and of course he won the race. Every time I have seen Senna win he always stopped to pick up a Brazilian flag from the crowd during his victory lap. Truly a man that loved his country and the country that loved him as well. We need more national heroes these days.

I have also mingled with many other drivers during breakfast or lunch if you knew where the hot spots were. You could never do that these days with all of the security and "Private" hospitality.
How about the Turbo Years of F1, the decibel level would destroy your eardrums without wearing earplugs and earmuffs.........

FGM

FGM
awesome stories...
You mention the Turbo "music" of the engines...
What I remember most was being miles outside of Mosport or St Jovite and hearing the Matra V12 cars
The engine noise was a most beautiful thing..and was so different from any other car of that time period
Your so right about Senna...i met a lady from Brazil thru my facebook page..and they worshipped Ayrton
Loved the documentary that did about him a few yrs ago
cheers
doug

Back