• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ford Flex 1/2 car trailer?

Ford Flex 1/2 car trailer?

• Total voters

blu_fuz

New Member Classroom vulture
Thoughts?

Do it, or don't do it?

601986_10153048302420394_1654808262_n.jpg

Most of you saw how the last trailer turned out:
SZ2009218.jpg

Im not gonna vote on this one but I guarantee you it wont be as cheap as the contour trailer.

Im not gonna vote on this one but I guarantee you it wont be as cheap as the contour trailer.

^ exactly.

I would need a seriously f'd up Flex to start with, and even then I would guess the back end is still worth $2k.... :eek:

Interesting idea. To really pull it off you would have to drive both vehicles with trailers together.

I'd buy that car and try to make that 3.5 somehow fit in a focus, hehehe.

Any reasoning behind doing another?

We recently needed more space (and has happened before) that when we get 4 adults and 1 baby (another baby due in a few days), we quickly run out of room to pack stuff in the Flex. SO, to make it easier we used the 1/2 Contour trailer hooked to the Flex but it ended up looking like this:

1010454_10152874108285394_105181658_n.jpg

I guess I don't need a Flex trailer, but who knows I might someday :laugh: ! hahahahaha

Contour being pulled behind a truck. Looks about right....

I love the idea of the Flex trailer but thats a lot of work. What about a car topper? Too easy, or not enough space.

Have you ever seen a tear drop trailer/camper. I think you have the skill to build one and it would look great with the retro styling of the Flex.

93940423.NTNHnTRo.WIV158.jpg

That is true, the Flex trailer might just be too big, too much to tow and be way oversized for our needs.

We can't put a roof rack cargo carrier on it because the roof is glass. Can't mount bars properly nor would I want to take the chance to drop something and break the glass roof :eek:.

It must be done! I could make you a steel roof. My buddy and I are good with the english wheel (takes two people to make the big panels ). Made plenty of center roof sections for old 32 Coupes and older cars such as that that had the ragtop centers back in them days.

Back