• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

1914 progress. October 2012 to July 2013

95_Mystique

Hard-core CEG'er
Just sitting here thinking of how far the car has come in the short period of time I've had it. I know some people have way faster progress with fixing up their cars, and some work is nicer than others. As for me, i'm almost at a point where i'm happy. Almost...

When I got the car it was bone stock. Some scuffs and chips here and there, the paint has cracks on all of the top surfaces, but no real dings or rust. Head light on the drivers side was fogged, one wheel had a slight bend, and some other small things that bothered me were wrong with the car as well. overall, it was a clean example of a stock 2000 CSVT.

So, I had a lot of work to do when I got it. Basically swap all the parts from my first CSVT over to this bad boy. Lowering springs, 3L, tinted tails, drill holes for the Mirko, swap other various parts.

So I got the 3L in about a month after buying the car, and two weeks later, I blew the 3L :help: So the stock 2.5 went back in. Knowing I had limited funds due to buying a house about a year ago, I accepted the fact that I wouldn't have a 3L for a while, so figured, why not make the 2.5 look good.

Got the car all cleaned up for the first show of the year. Got second place to TUFTOUR :rolleyes:

ended up getting hood struts and a production number decal at the show.

Then, after 2 years of bugging the hell out of people for their CF Cowl hoods, I finally got my hands on one for 100 bucks!

And just this past weekend, I installed my NPG CAI that I got for 30 bucks used from a former SVT owner

And as of now, I have another 3L block sitting in the basement, and planning my next 3L hybrid build. Hoping to have it done by the end of fall, or early winter.

Mod list for 1914 since October 23, 2012 t
ding guards removed
Eibach lowering springs
painted calipers
LED switch back front turn signals
5000K head lights and fog lights
Fog light mod
AEM intake with NPG CAI
Optimized TB
Fully cleaned UIM and LIM
Torsen Diff and rebuilt trans with upgraded shift forks
MSDS y pipe
tinted tail lights
CEG license plate frame
www.contour.org sticker on front windshield frame
production number sticker on front bumper
redline hood struts
Carbon fiber cowl hood
eye lids
painted grille
New MOOG lower control arms
Mirko splitter
Sony head unit
fully undercoated the whole car with rubberized undercoating.
Taylor plug wires
Autolite double platinum plugs
a/c compressor
I'm sure i'm missing a few things...

Future mods/work
pull skirts off and repair bubbling paint to prevent serious rust.
fill hood pin holes and paint CF hood black
another 3L!!!!!!
beefed up rear sub frame and suspension parts
rims
big brake kit front and rear
swap out dash board (have a good pre98 style PT in the basement)
swap out seats and door panels for better ones (which I also have in my basement)
CF trunk lid (if I can find one. Low priority)
add PRT, Form and Function, Eibach, and other various stickers under the hood for fun.
restore headlights, better eyelids
And possibly repaint the whole car.

This car is driven daily, usually a mile to work and a mile home, then any running around town, taken on vacations, etc. I bought it with 138K on it, and its over 144K now. Never let me sit, even with the blown 3L, I drove it for 2 weeks before I pulled it out and threw the stock 2.5 back in. Let me say, this thing sees redline every week, and it holds together pretty well.

It'll be a long road, especially now that my wife wants me to start modding her Fusion to get it ready to show next year.

That really is clean! Looks really good. Sorry to hear about the short lifespan of your 3L. You as much as sneeze around these engines, they pop. Might as well just spend money on aesthetics.

The 3L went through one year of hell with me in my previous SVT. Ask Wadespencer from NECO and here how I drove on my test drive when I bought the car off of him lol. It made well over 25 passes at the drag strip, many other runs, and saw redline once a day. I don't beat the current 2.5 that bad though. If I pop that one, i'm done for a while and i'll be stuck driving a Fiero lol.

The new 3L will have upgraded bearings for sure, due to that being the failing part of the last motor. I want it balanced as well. Just need to save up a few hundred more for the machine work and gaskets and i'll be set.

VERY NICE!!!! (Borat voice)

How you liking that NPG CAI so far? I love mine, car felt so much stronger with the computer receiving the proper IAT's.

Thanks guys.

Brent, as of now, the CAI is off of the car and getting powdercoated candy red to match the red of the intake, and i'm getting the strut brace done in the same color as well. I didn't notice much of a difference in power with the CAI at first, but once the car it up to temp and hot, it still feels like it has power. We'll see what its like with the 3L.

Really looking good. Sucks having your faster motor blow, then sticking the stocker back in :eek:. At least you still had the stock motor sitting around!

Joe, it really sucked! but I know when I stick another 3L in, i'm going to hang onto the 2.5 incase it happens again. Its nice to have back up parts. :D

Long enough. The CAI and the strut tower brace went on tonight. I've had the brace for a while, but it was regular OMP red. the candy red just looks so right to me.

Back