• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

HID's

2191 SVT

New CEG'er
Finally am able to figure out how to put pics on here, Thanks to Sneezer. Installed 6000k on low beams and 3000 yellow on fogs. So what do u think?

Thanks, sneezer....gotta have a a-hole on any forum. You know what is funny. These guys spend all their hamburger flipping money on their contours to make go oh so fast, but yet like you and I with pride in our other cars, makes those contours look like scrape metal heaps. Quit spending all your money on your fusions and civics and buy pure American muscle!!! V8 power.

I'm not hating all csvt owners, just ones that hate.

I had 6000k hids and piaa amber fogs. Loved the look.

There is everything wrong with HID's in halogen housings.
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?37924-the-hid-fail-gallery
I'm not hating on your car, just your lights.

Who ••••in' cares? Seriously? Glare or not, light output is vastly improved over stock. And if you're complaining about "blinding" other drivers...how many •••• heads do you come across on a daily basis who drive with their brights on just because? Or get blinded by just about any car/suv bigger than yours whose lights shine directly in your eyes anyway? Stop.

I hate to break it to you but lumen output is the only thing increased not always light output so to speak, due to the dual hot spot of an HID bulb the Halogen reflector which was designed with a single hot spot in mind can not handle the scatter of light produced by an HID bulb with the dual hotspot. This is why they generally require a projector housing or specifically designed reflector housing to make use of all the extra light and disburse it into a nice wide beam. Further more cheap "ebay" style HIDs most likely produce less lumens than a decent pair halogen bulbs, they just flood the foreground with with light instead putting into a decent pattern giving the illusion of more light this can also harm your distance vision at night. By making your pupils retract it becomes difficult for the eye to focus on distance at night. Just food for thought.

Check the forum CSVT_0611 posted, i am on there as well. look up a user by the name of Markus he's a lighting engineer. He's the one after reading what he had to say that changed my mind from PnP to retrofitting projectors.

To be clear I am not hating on this guy, his car, or his lights. I am just simply trying to offer advice on a critical safety component of his car.

I hate to break it to you but lumen output is the only thing increased not always light output so to speak, due to the dual hot spot of an HID bulb the Halogen reflector which was designed with a single hot spot in mind can not handle the scatter of light produced by an HID bulb with the dual hotspot. .

I bought a no name kit off another person for $200 way back when....the box had japanese writing on it from what I remember.

I don't care what you say, light output was greatly improved. And so was the distance that light was projected. You can post all the technical jargon you want, I did it...and I noted an improvement. Nothing's gonna change that lol

I had 6000k hids and piaa amber fogs. Loved the look.

Who ••••in' cares? Seriously? Glare or not, light output is vastly improved over stock. And if you're complaining about "blinding" other drivers...how many •••• heads do you come across on a daily basis who drive with their brights on just because? Or get blinded by just about any car/suv bigger than yours whose lights shine directly in your eyes anyway? Stop.

i agree with him. projectotors costs alot to do. i been quoted 500 to have my headlights done as projectors. but if you dont like it dont post easy as that. but i give u two thumbs up

i agree with him. projectotors costs alot to do. i been quoted 500 to have my headlights done as projectors. but if you dont like it dont post easy as that. but i give u two thumbs up

The OP asked for everyone's "thoughts".

Everyone has, and is, entitled to their own opinion.

If negativity is a concern then don't post on a public forum. It's actually as "easy as that" :)

The problem is the "negativity" is stupid and wrong. If yo don't like it,fine...but don't serve me this meaningless drivel that is flat out wrong.

Ok guys, that is enough. I let it go at first but any further discussion like this and the thread will get locked.

I did mine myself....maybe $50 total. But that's because i knew a guy that had projector headlights for a s10 that he no longer had.

Thanks, sneezer....gotta have a a-hole on any forum. You know what is funny. These guys spend all their hamburger flipping money on their contours to make go oh so fast, but yet like you and I with pride in our other cars, makes those contours look like scrape metal heaps. Quit spending all your money on your fusions and civics and buy pure American muscle!!! V8 power.

I'm not hating all csvt owners, just ones that hate.

Lol what?

Projectors are the way to go but the are expensive. Unless you can find a good deal on a pair. Yes HID's in a halogen headlight has a lot of glare. The brightness of the light is better than stock. Im happy with my 6000K HID's. Looks good. As long as your happy with it, that's all that matters.

What's stupid is ignoring the safety of others for increased scattered light. I hated the OEM reflector HIDs on my S60R. I've spent a lot of hours looking to retrofit 35w units on my OEM halogen projectors in my Miata and although close, not OEM quality. My opinion is that aftermarket HID lighting should be more strictly enforced by the police and safety inspections. For the record, here's the thread I generated regarding my attempts to run HIDs in my Miata:

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=393678

Back