• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

1996 Mystique 5spd swap thread

Yeah that would make it a little tougher...because you need to have access to both sides of the part for a graft of two different bumpers. It can and should be done though. I could do it, but it would cost ya. I could get it to primer and stop or just paint it too. 3m makes some badazz Automix products (they are getting better and better daily after 3M bought out Duramix).

Yeah, I can do it to, and as far as I know its in the plans for this car, as well as my 97. Just gotta find one more SVT bumper cover and some time to do it.

Got a lot done tonight
this was our contraption to weigh down the cherry picker haha
IMAG2364_zps0ec3c9d9.jpg

old tranny
IMAG2365_zps85872ee3.jpg

engine/tranny seperated
IMAG2366_zps67658258.jpg

new subframe
IMAG2367_zps4e8855ee.jpg

new tranny
IMAG2368_zps0612cbd3.jpg

engine bay
IMAG2369_zps695559bf.jpg

Where's the engine??
IMAG2370_zps2aea74d2.jpg

In order to pick the engine off of the subframe we had to have the legs all the way in and the arm all the way out, so it wanted to tip with the weight on there.

Well last two weekends have been productive. Last weekend got the pedal assembly in, along with a tilt coloum and leather steering wheel, oil pan gasket was done as well as rear main seal. This weekend got the flywheel on, clutch, and the tranny is on now. Also got the front header put on. Slowly getting there!

Back