• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New Look!!!

chrisilversvt

CEG'er
i was kind of tired of the look of my svt,and since all my money goes to kids and house mods,thought i'd do something cheap to change up the look....i know not everybody likes black wheels,but i like the way it looks now...i will probably be putting the center caps back on soon(though one of them is messed up)..

i used plastidip on them beause i can always peel it off if i grow tired of the look....and it was really easy to do(no prep work except cleaning)

svtside5.jpg

svtside3.jpg

svtside4.jpg

svtside1.jpg

i also did my rear chrome strip with plastidip.....if anyone is looking to paint their strip black,plastidip is the way to go...no stripping of the chrome,just clean and spray!!

svtrear.jpg

Nice work, every time I do something to one of my cars, no matter how subtle, makes me 100% more interested in the car than I was the day before

Nice work, every time I do something to one of my cars, no matter how subtle, makes me 100% more interested in the car than I was the day before

x2. No doubt...same here. Yeah I plasti dipped the hell out of my 09' F150 FX4....I love the stuff!!

Great job! The black totally transforms the car. It takes it from "cute" to bold and aggressive, and who doesn't love plasti dip! I am also going to do my wheels too, I just have to not be lazy.

I Like your floor, if you find you like the black, go all in for a nicer finish. Caps will finish it off, can't wait to
See.

thanx for the replies.... yeah boumacj i am with you on that,even the smallest things i do to my car makes me like it that much more....i have the caps painted too but one of the tabs inside that holds the ring on one of them is broken...i'm also trying to get some red vinyl decals made to go inside of the svt logos on the caps....the garage floor is actually vinyl stick on tiles,was done when i bought the house....

yep left the strip on the car,i just wiped it clean and sprayed it,no prep work at all.....that's the beauty of plastidip,it sticks to chrome...masking is really easy too,i really just masked off the paint,i didn't mask the little black plastic strip just above the chromestrip,and you don't even have to mask the ford oval,just paint right over it...as long as there is a seam between what you want painted and what you don't want painted,you can peel off the excess once it dries...my oval peeled off in one piece and left a perfect line....also if you mess up the first time,you can just let it dry and peel it off and do it over....plastidip rocks...

I didn't think I'd like black E0's but they actually look nice. The painted chrome strip looks great! This is a must-do for any contour.

I have to agree with the others about the chrome strip, it does look excellent. Would there be any issue with washing Plasti Dip? I'm guessing it would hold up just fine if you hand wash the car.

I have to agree with the others about the chrome strip, it does look excellent. Would there be any issue with washing Plasti Dip? I'm guessing it would hold up just fine if you hand wash the car.

You obviously need to get a can and try it buddy. Its amazing stuff! I have it on my 09' F150 FX4...I take it through the automatic car wash ALL the time and use the pressure washer at home too....it tougher than you think.

Back