• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The New paint!!

Nice work on the paint, you'll have to post pics of the finished product...and pics of the General...now...

I was trying to have my Charger done for a huge car cruise and show this weekend but I don't think it's gonna happen.

Here is some pics of the General and some of the process of the resto.

Later
Josh

Attachments

• general6..jpg
    general6..jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 0
  • wall..jpg
    wall..jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 0
  • before10..jpg
    before10..jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 0
  • pulledover3..jpg
    pulledover3..jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 0
  • before9..jpg
    before9..jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 0
Nice pics of the Charger. I may need to enlist your knowledge on a couple of things as I put my Charger back together. I'm getting ready to put the new headliner in it on Monday, then it's onto the window glass and those crazy window arms and vents.

Did you convert the rear tails over to a 69?

I actually have not had to replace the headliner or taken out the quarter windows I heard those are a pain so I never touched them. The door windows aren't bad, you just have to put the main window and the wing window in at the same time.

Yeah I changed out the tail lights and grille a few years ago so it would be more show correct.

Looks damn good! I usually hate two tone paint jobs but yours came out great bro. Can't wait to see it all back together... Go Raiders!!

Does your general have the correct 69 tail lights or did you leave the 68 tail lights on it? Atleast it has the 69 front grille.

All together just waiting for the mirror covers, he paited them black instead of silver. I think it came out pretty good, trying to figure out if I should do a pinstripe or not.

Later
Josh

Attachments

• contour3..JPG
    contour3..JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 0
  • contour1..JPG
    contour1..JPG
    69 KB · Views: 0
  • contour4..JPG
    contour4..JPG
    31 KB · Views: 0
  • contour2..JPG
    contour2..JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 0
  • contour5..JPG
    contour5..JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 0
All together just waiting for the mirror covers, he paited them black instead of silver. I think it came out pretty good, trying to figure out if I should do a pinstripe or not.

Later
Josh

I'd use the pinstripe as a chance to toss in a 3rd accent colour. Could even go quite bold on it and just have a few small touches of it here and there... If it were my car I'd go with something that has some pop to it. Maybe a bright red, orange or even lime green?

I'd use the pinstripe as a chance to toss in a 3rd accent colour. Could even go quite bold on it and just have a few small touches of it here and there... If it were my car I'd go with something that has some pop to it. Maybe a bright red, orange or even lime green?

I agree. Pinstripe would set it OFF!! I say slime green.

Back