• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What is this I spotted in the junk yard?!?!?!

blu_fuz

New Member Classroom vulture
I have no idea what this 8 door monster is, someone enlighten me please!

:ponder:

0811120835a.jpg

0811120835.jpg

Theres one like that at a yard here in mn, they want 5k ffor it, needs alott of work, so ya its worth ssomething lol

That thing is nuts!

Damn rare too; at least from what Wikipedia says. Only 3,568 built from 1962-1977 and that includes all door configurations.

So you're saying I should find out how much they want for it ? :laugh:

I looked on epay and didn't see one on there :ponder:.

I just called them...... said it has been sitting there for over 30 years!

Asked the price for it and he said that they have never really thought about selling it :ponder:..... He is certain that the frame is solid but the sheet metal is going to be rotted through.

He will call me back if they come up with a price :cool:.

That would just be awesome to own:
checker-aerobus-02.jpg

I hope they sell it to you! wonder if they still have the title somewhere. Im sure the goons you have at work would love to tackle that.

I would slam it and roll on 24's for sure. Stretch and poke on a Aerobus = :drool:

I'm sure this one is too far gone to really make sense to buy it. You can get running ones with very little rotted metal for $5k-8k.

Just got a call back. He said they just want the scrap value from it which would be $1,000. The owner of the business personally drove that car into that spot so it was running and driving 30 years ago! He has the title and they would get some wheels/tires that hold air on it and get it out of the ground if I was interested.....

:ponder:

$1k isn't that bad. Could probably talk them down even a couple hundred if I felt like trying to deal a little more.

Just think you could chop it up, make a 4 door car with a 4 door trailer and throw on some taxi cab yellow paint--Joe's Shuttle Service

I would love to see this thing roll! Sounds like the history is legit. Its just a matter of checking, replacing parts and metal work. Not like there are things missing or taken apart that you dont know about.

Imagine if you came across a barn with one of these in pieces. You'd be scratching you head to why they had so many spare doors sitting around? :-0

Dont mind the car-bus carcass under the tarp.

Back