• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

couple of body shop progess pics of my tour

troll96se

Veteran CEG'er
i've been slowly bringing #0165 back to life. When I got it it was missing two jack point covers, yellowed headlights, 3 of 4 endlinks were toast, windshield was cracked and the top seal was broken, front bumper was faded,chiped and scuffed, mirrors faded, roof faded with a couple of tiny rust bubbles, the front springs were broken, and the drip railing was sticking up off the roof as well...lol

it came home looking like this:
005-4.jpg

pulled this out:
003-5.jpg

installed these
013-3.jpg

and this is where I'm at so far, its at the shop getting the front bumper repainted, mirrors repainted, new front windshield,drip rails replaced, dent and rust on the roof repaired while the window was out, roof repainted, and the trunk lid and spoiler buffed.
004-5.jpg

005-3.jpg

overall I'm pretty happy with it, still have a bunch of little things i want to do/change to clean it up.

i have 6 sets now. everytime i go to the yard and pull the ones that are in the best shape. i do that with alot of the random discont. parts.

they're just glued on. i used a flat head and start from the back window. the adhesive is strongest at the ends. just DO NOT pull up on them if you're trying to salvage a pair from the jy, they bend easily and do not take to being reshaped very well.
thanks...its looks pretty good for the year of it, bought it from the original owner with stacks of paperwork and gas log, even has the original window sticker. it needs different wheels and less spring.... A LOT less spring.

Back