• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

RWD CSVT: PRT's CDW-27 RWD conversion build thread.

How similar are the Ford T-Bird, Cougar, and Mark 8 independent suspensions to the Mustang? I thought they were close, perhaps a thought. I am sure they are dirt cheap also.

I don't think the mustangs have IRS. Just the tbirds and cougars and mark VIIIs did. I think

I don't think the 1993-1999 mustangs had IRS. The new ones may but the mustangs that were out with the TBIRDS and Cougars didn't have IRS*

your half rite. so the last generation of true hardtop thunderbirds with the 4.6 so i believe 93 to 96 had irs then the 99 to 04 mustang had irs. the irs in the mustang has its own subframe and the whole unit is one big peice. i dont know much about the tbird ones because well its a tbird and im not 50 yet.

I'm hoping to get an IRS on the way in January. The goal at that point will be to get it in and working, and then get the car running again in FWD to be able to drive it around and show off the work while I continue to save funds for an expensive drive train. At the same time I need to keep up with R&D and new products as well as production...so things are always slower than expected. I'm glad you're all still with me, as I don't intend to ever stop until this is done someday.

In case you're wondering how things are progressing here:

If anyone is interested, I just purchased the Duratec RWD stuff from PRT and will continue the project in a different chassis.

Back