• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

RWD CSVT: PRT's CDW-27 RWD conversion build thread.

Looks good turned in there :cool:. The UIM and intake system will be interesting :ponder:.

Listen guys, I understand changing out the Duratec's alternator is a PITA, but I believe you've gone great lengths to ease the burden. :laugh:

If by some luck the pulley doesnt clear the firewall do you have another option for waterpump placement? Curious is all

I would stay away from an EWP as I nor other people on the boards havent had much luck with them in the past. an LS pump would be better.

I would stay away from an EWP as I nor other people on the boards havent had much luck with them in the past. an LS pump would be better.

I am officially done talking about anything to do with the stupid water pump. Why are there 15 posts regarding something that equates to .005% of the build's equation? There are endless options for circulating water through an engine. I'm sure one of them will work, like the stock one I've already stated I'm planning to use.

Youre posting things for criticism and questions and feedback that's why this is a forum if you don't want ppl asking questions then post the carwhen it's done. I'm officially done posting in this thread.

Youre posting things for criticism and questions and feedback that's why this is a forum if you don't want ppl asking questions then post the carwhen it's done. I'm officially done posting in this thread.

its stupid water pump though... who cares about it?! hes doing an "engine swap" kinda and rwd conversion. theres more important things hes worried about including time that shouldnt be wasted on water pump questions...lol

I want you to go and remove your waterpump and drive around and see just how stupid it is. Let josh get back on topic and dictate his swap after all he's doing it and we're all watching. Josh you should lock this thread and update it as you go not letting anyone post in it. I personally don't care what you do just finish it.

I'm with sam. Sure its a small part of the build. But what's wrong with asking questions in a build thread? Unless its a 'clear as day' stupid question, then its all fair game. Then again, over the years i've found out that josh has a short fuse, so i generally dont say anything extemporaneous in his threads:D

Youre posting things for criticism and questions and feedback

No, I'm posting things for people to follow along. I've been planning this for 5 years, there isn't much I don't already have covered and I've had private discussions with people experienced in the field of expertise I require information in. I'm just sick of having the same trivial discussions over and over.

I try to do my best to answer peoples questions and give them insight into what I'm doing, but I'm not going to write 15 responses to posts about a water pump.

Last edited:
Have you decided what color plug wirs you're using? I was thinking blue, or red. . . but then I was thinking about yellow. No, red is best. Have you thought about red?

;)

Just wanted to post up a quick update. Fab work has been halted to get the track car and our new SC Roush Cougar ready for shows in 2 and 4 weeks. We will be getting a suspension under it again tonight and moving it out of the shop for a couple weeks. In the middle of prepping the two cars we will be doing a chassis swap with our 99 and Hetfield '00 Black and tans. The goal here is to get Hetfield in a rust free chassis, and a car that has already been gon through mechanically, and in the end we will have all of the black body panels and bumpers we need to complete the exterior of the RWD car as well as the returnless PCM, keys and injectors we require to convert the Roush car to a straight SVT swap so we can get the SC pulled and installed on the track car. Many things going on, just not much in the way of fab on the project.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say I think this project is awesome! I haven't been on CEG in over a year and when I logged on tonight the first thing I saw was this thread on the front page. What was a pipe dream 6 years ago is now becoming reality - good luck and hope you get this running one day even if it takes a litttle longer than planned!

:wave:

Back