• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

#4595's Exhaust Sound.

silver rocket

Hard-core CEG'er
Finally got around to getting my magnaflow resonator welded in so here's a video of it. I didn't realize how loud my road is. Next time i will go to somewhere quite. And sorry about my stoner brother, he wouldn't leave me alone so i figured the sound would have shut him up.
It has 3L hybrid, 65MM TB, NPG CAI, Racebits Y pipe and decat pipe, magnaflow resonator and stock mulffers/manifolds.

http://youtu.be/Z3yBVtli7Ic

I want to get some headers but i don't want to shell out $300 for some and then have a weekend of bad words and bloody knuckles. If i could come across some at a reasonable price, i would pick them up but I'm sure it would be a while until they were put on.

How much did it increase your sound? That was one of my next planned mods but stock is so damn quiet to me, I almost want a glasspack in place of the resonator.

That sounds throatier but still pretty quiet considering you have other mods.

How much did it increase your sound? That was one of my next planned mods but stock is so damn quiet to me, I almost want a glasspack in place of the resonator.

My first exhaust mod was a glasspack. It was a subtle difference but it let the engine growl more up top. Worth the $100 or so installed.

It isn't a massive difference in the driver seat except from 1800rpm-2400rpm and 3-4.5K. And even then its really subtle. I can get some in car video if you'd like?

Who has a 3L hybrid these days? :rolleyes:

Sounds good :D
Real SVT's have hybrids:laugh:. I love my hybrid! Gets alot of attention when you say it and people go "No flipping way i just got beat by a hybrid.. S***!" Gets them every time.
And don't you have a hybrid now to?

Back