• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

1995 Mondeo Si v6 saloon project

Chopper

CEG'er
Well after saying hi in the newbies section.... here is the car....

I will copy and paste everything from my other project thread and then update as i go

My new project!

1995 Ford Mondeo 24v V6 Si saloon
82,000 genuine miles
£350! 8)

DSC_0054-1.jpg

DSC_0052-1.jpg

DSC_0049-2.jpg

DSC_0048-1.jpg

DSC_0055-1.jpg

Ignore Nipsy under the front end... I told him to put the handbrake on :p

As soon as the civic is gone, which i hope will be sooner rather than later, i will really get going!

I was originally planning on buying a 4x4 Si and doing either a Zetec turbo or Focus RS conversion, but decided that these would both be way to pricey to consider, so decided to go for the 24v duratec power plant instead. Good figures out of the box, and tunable.

So far i have managed to source

Standard front bumper
Phase 1 RS front skirt, sides and fogs.
Mk2 dash with trip computer

The list of parts to purchase/source

Phase 1 RS rear skirt and bumper
Phase 1 RS spoiler
Mk2 Focus RS alloys in 4x108
Suspension setup
Polybush everything
Exhaust system. Single or twin? Not decided yet
Induction kit
Morette Headlamps
Mk2 Recaro leather interior

And then it will be onto Ivan for the respray.. Havnt fully decided on a colour yet, but i was swaying towards a dark metallic graphite...?

I feel like a 5 year old at Christmas

Tonights update

Phase 2 front bumper/grill off! ;D ;D huray!!

Standard front bumper on.. The only thing missing to make this look like most other mondeos is some duck tape :p

DSC00058.jpg

DSC00059.jpg

DSC00061.jpg

DSC00062.jpg

Sorry for the crap pics, but using a temporary phone, and no matter how still you hold it, they all come out sugar..

Picking up my rs bits on saturday hopefully..

RS skirt, fogs and side skirts collected from Romford :)

Heres a couple of pics with the skirt placed on.

Will take my camera for some better pics next time :)

DSC00068.jpg

DSC00070.jpg

slightly better pics with headlights and indicators back in.... Ghia grill being delivered on Tuesday/wednesday

DSC00072.jpg

DSC00073.jpg

Arches arrived this morning ;D

DSC_0105-1.jpg

DSC_0107-3.jpg

Yet another colour to add to the car... lol

Morettes arrived this morning :)

DSC_0175.jpg

With eyebrows laid on

DSC_0176.jpg

Will hopefully get them on the car tonight possibly, but the eyebrows will need a little bit of trimming on the under bonnet side so they will fit the morettes, but i expected this :)

Couldnt do much tonight as it was pissing it down, and i didnt have my tools, so managed to get one light in to have a gander... Gonna take a lil tweaking to get it right and for the brows to fit

DSC_0180.jpg

DSC_0181.jpg

Hmmmm, the front bumper may not be doing it for me because of how incomplete it is.

Can't wait to see the front end together.

EDIT:

You just uploaded it lol

Got a fair amount of work done today on the car :)

Flame Burnt tip??? :p lol
DSC_0197.jpg

Pulled the heat shield off that was rattling everytime you closed a door... 2 bolts came off, one didnt so had to be pulled off.. Wont be needed as the new exhaust will be routed differently
DSC_0196.jpg

Got one side skirt off. These were obviously fitted from factory/dealership as they are bonded on with the stock bonding so was a ••••• to get off! But managed in the end
DSC_0193.jpg

Old vs New
DSC_0195.jpg

Here is one of the arches offered up to the wing. Fits like a dream :)
DSC_0192.jpg

New toys for the parcel shelf! :) Curtosy of Tashs luck on the grab machines!
DSC_0190.jpg

After removing the rear bumper inoticed that the arch rust had corroded the fixing hole so this will have to be welded

DSC_0186.jpg

Towbar and rear bumper removed
DSC_0185.jpg

Morettes both fitted and wired up so all lamps work correctly! :D Just need to work out how to get the eye lids in as there is currently no room between the bonnet and the lights..But it is possible as iv seen it done
DSC_0183.jpg

DSC_0182.jpg

I am also going to have to get a new bootlid as the phase 2 spoiler will not come off the bootlid without me causing damage. Once i have a new lid, i have now decided to get a Sierra Saphire spoiler to fit as it will give me the exact look i want! :)

Rear bumper arrived, but has been damaged in the post! so im currently going through the insurance...

Got it bolted on with 2 bolts... not gonna put it on properly until its fixed

DSC00134.jpg

AND FINALLY!! The spoiler came off! Hurray!!

DSC00132.jpg

Few little dings and dents in it but that will al be sorted when it goes to the body shop so wont be a problem :)

Well, heres some better pictures of the rear bumper fitted properly. Here you can see that it doesnt stick out as far as the first picture seemed...

DSC00141-1.jpg

DSC00144.jpg

Also put some temp screws in the fixing holes on the front RS skirt to hold it in place. Not point putting everything on as it will only have to come off again when the car goes to paint.

DSC00143.jpg

This project may pick up a bit of pace over the next couple of month so ivan maybe seeing it sooner than he thought ;)

right well the cossie spoiler arrived and is on :)

DSC_0356.jpg

DSC_0354.jpg

DSC_0353.jpg

DSC_0352.jpg

DSC_0351.jpg

DSC_0350.jpg

Thats as far as i am so far.

This month should be a new battery, front wing and possibly a rear arch too to sort out that rusty mount

This car looks 1000000000x better than the stock look in the first pic of the OP. Keep up the good work and MOAR PICTURES! We love those!

Back