• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Epic CSVT Trade: Black Low Mileage traded for PPG Pace Car

Any more of those? Those are good shots with great lighting

B2cvnUWkKGrHqZhoE73IFZEUBMiksi2-Ow_121.jpg

B2cvghwEWkKGrHqRg4E70soghuBMiksJJrP_121.jpg

B2cveig2kKGrHqJi4ErqmQCiBBMiksBqzoQ_121.jpg

B2cvc0wWkKGrHqVjkEpMiDg3sBMikr7pu1Q_121.jpg

B2cvbLQCWkKGrHqVicEq7oeumDBMikr1diiQ_121.jpg

B2cvrw2kKGrHqRjYEpWI-gMpBMikrptbnw_121.jpg

B2cvZkg2kKGrHqFhsEptLGyIFBMikrwJFQ_121.jpg

I am pretty sure those are +38. Mine are +35. It'll be stamped on the inside of the wheel

It does say ET35...so offset is 35? BTW, I just looked at the pics of your carwith your BBS wheels (looks great) and these do look a little bigger, I guess it's just the stance and the tire size.

Yes that means the offset is +35..and thank you :) They are awesome wheels, I love them. Mine are the same size, you just have a bigger tire. I only have a 215/40/17...will be getting a 225/45/17 soon. Do you have any rubbing with the 235s?

The three lit switches are Power, Strobes (which includes headlights, fogs, and reverse lights), and Crowd Alert. The two red safety switches are Halon, and the other toggle is Transponder

the red switches that are Halon- what is that?

The on-board fire suppressant system I believe. I'd be worried that I'd bump into it while cleaning the car and discharge the system. But I'm sure they are well protected from that sort of thing.

This is a truly awesome car. What were the previous owners motives for the trade?

My friend bought it from the seller in NY with those pics, and the tips got messed up during transportation thanks to the genius truck driver.

Such an awesome car

They should have never stuck that far out to begin with IMO. Even stock tips pose an issue with towing.

The on-board fire suppressant system I believe. I'd be worried that I'd bump into it while cleaning the car and discharge the system. But I'm sure they are well protected from that sort of thing.

This is a truly awesome car. What were the previous owners motives for the trade?

I think that's one of the reasons for the power switch which shuts down everything on the car. I guess the the PO wanted something more practical as a daily driver. I will be using it as a nice weather/weekend/autocross car. The exhaust note is awesome but a little loud for daily use and so a resonator may be in order.

Just curious, what is the suspension on this car?

On a semi-related comment, there is definitely at least mild bodywork done on the rear fenders to fit that tire size on that wheel offset with the pictured ride height. I had the same size, 235/45/17 on a 17x7.5, with a 45 offset and not as low, and I had to trim and roll the rear "meat slicers." I also have some rub-through holes in my front splash liners from hard autocross cornering. It looked great, but for performance and practicality I went to 40-series.

Just curious, what is the suspension on this car?

I think it has Konis but I'll check into it further. I am going to put the car up on a lift and inspect it all this week. I've just been too busy the last couple days to even drive it. Between my family, the Bondurant car and my 69' Charger my free time is lacking...and that's not a complaint :)

Back