• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

$500 svt

kcobra

Veteran CEG'er
I picked up this 99 SVTC from pudmunkies fiancé about 2 months ago and have been making some progress on it. I posted up some of the pictures of the night I got it at http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?65910-New-SVT-C-owner&highlight=
Had to replace the Filler neck seal, dpfe, cam sensor, egr solenoid, plugs and wires, fuel filter, p/s axle, rear brakes and replaced the hideous cluster with a stock cluster out of my parts car.

I still have to pull the skirts and the bumpers to make some repairs to them and replace the front manifold, but for what I have into the car I am very happy.
IMG_0503..JPGIMG_0506..JPGIMG_0507..JPGIMG_0505..JPGIMG_0509..JPG

Nice pick up for sure, especially at that price! I've seen some $1500 CSVT's here that are NOWHERE that nice, even with the work you've put into it your still miles ahead!

Whats a hideous cluster look like?

Also digging the B-pillars. Is that paint or vinyl?

OK, I clicked on the link of your first pics. I see what a hideous cluster looks like.

I am new here, just joined in Jun 2000 (for the 3rd time?)

Last edited:
Its paint between the windows. pass side looks good but the drivers side isn't in the best shape. I may repaint satin black

I'm going to swap out the fenders from my parts car as the ones on this car have some dents and the skirts are not mounting correctly. The rear bumper has a few cracks in it but luckily they are in the exh center section and shouldn't be hard to fix or paint(I want to go back to the oe satin black).
Front bumper needs a complete repaint I will probably rattle can it with the duplicolor oe match stuff as it seems to have worked really well on the jack point covers.

Back