• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

10 years!

WOW is all i can say, looks amazing... lol i like the keg thing...

I remember someone somewhere had the idea to take the windshield sprayer /reservoir... and run the tubing through the firewall onto the dash so you could pump wine or something into the cabin from the engine.... but no one ever got around to it.... you idea i think is more practical

mad props

man, I remember some of those really early pics but didn't realize they were of your car. Can't believe the mirrors picture is over five years old now.

Can't believe the mirrors picture is over five years old now.

I agree. The car looked great back then when I saw it. I still like those rims too :cool:

Excellent job Joe, has to be one of the, if not the best pre98's on the site! The trailor is just sick! :drool:

Good job sir. It is amazing seeing how it started to how it is now, seeing the different phases. When I first signed up to the forums, eggplant was the first standout car for me.

:laugh:

I love it here.

The mondeo mirrors pictures are actually about 7 years old :eek:.

It seems like only a few days ago that I was meeting up with Mikeyboy, Thinkmoto, Hector, Sean, Steve, etc., for meets... Drooling over Mikey's red pre98 just before it left to have Terry install the first Lincoln LS 3L into our platform.

I went over to Mike's about 7-8 years ago and remember seeing the brand new Baer brakes sitting in his garage. I wanted them so bad and even said "I will have yours someday" - he laughed.... Sure enough, 2 years ago I had the chance to buy his originals that got passed along to 2 other owners over the years.

Oh, good times.

I should have clarified.. meant the mirrors surrounding the wheels, the pic with the date stamp on it. :) Seems like you took that one yesterday. I am having difficulty realizing the trailer is 2 years old too. Time is flying...

That was pretty awesome Blue.... those Tang-band subs still pounding? Mine died after 1 1/2 years...replaced it with a Kenwood excelon. Hope to run into you some day at a car show, like to see the fuz mobile in person!

Yep, tang bands are still going...... Tony, gotta do what you gotta do, right?! haha - good times:laugh:.

The best pre-98 ever built; and one of the top 3 Contour ever built.

Mine's in the top 3 too, right? :shrug: J/K

Seriously Joe, you do have, in my opinion, the nicest Contour i've ever seen. Sure i like the Post98's and their cowl hoods, and their agressive styling, but yours has so much more charactor. Every little nook and cranny on that car has had attention to detail. Thats what i love to see with a car nut like myself. Great work and i hope to have one of my cars look as nice as yours. :drool:

:laugh:

I love it here.

The mondeo mirrors pictures are actually about 7 years old :eek:.

It seems like only a few days ago that I was meeting up with Mikeyboy, Thinkmoto, Hector, Sean, Steve, etc., for meets... Drooling over Mikey's red pre98 just before it left to have Terry install the first Lincoln LS 3L into our platform.

I went over to Mike's about 7-8 years ago and remember seeing the brand new Baer brakes sitting in his garage. I wanted them so bad and even said "I will have yours someday" - he laughed.... Sure enough, 2 years ago I had the chance to buy his originals that got passed along to 2 other owners over the years.

Oh, good times.
That trip to Iowa was fun. I enjoyed trying to scare Mikey in my truck :D Hector and the sander was the icing on the cake that day.
Yep, tang bands are still going...... Tony, gotta do what you gotta do, right?! haha - good times:laugh:.

Yup didn't I give 4 front lines that day? That was back when I had more parts then you and josh combined.....yes how time flies.

I took this picture early summer of 2010 and I have since flipped over 225k miles :eek:

55e8d305c009.jpg

Ah, I spy a young Billdo in one of those pics! I still have that shirt too lol... sz05 was my favorite year because it was my first. :) Great pics Joe, brings back a lot of memories.

;) - thank you.

I didn't really have a plan for the car when I first got it, but my constant need to change things has left me with quite a unique item. :D

Bill, I didn't know that was your first SZ!

Back