• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Show your contour's trophys!

blu_fuz

New Member Classroom vulture
This could be the running thread of our contour's awards. I wanted to quote something that is so true that was brought up in someone elses trophy thread:

Be careful - it gets addicting. ;)

Once you get one and you see the "wow" in peoples eyes you just can't stop. We should all be recognized for the hard work we put into this old platform.

I say post a pic of the car and the awards you have gotten thus far. If no car pic, atleast a picture of the award/trophy.

I would like to note that the first trophy I ever won was from Spring Zing 2009. Thanks to everone who voted, it really got the ball rolling for going to as many show as I could stand. I did 6 shows and was pooped!

This summer's take:

1 best of show trophy, two best in class, and one 2nd place:

9-8-2009.jpg

All were won with the trailer attached:

SZ2009218.jpg

where do I start.....?

I have given away more trophies than most on here have won with their cars. Before moving to my new house 2 years ago, I gave about 20 trophies to a local high school music department. They ranged in size from 12 to 40 inches tall.

I have also turned a lot of trophies from local shows back in to the show promoters as well, since I had too many trophies and plaques already. I usually got $5 - $10 back for them which was nice.

My wife says I still have too many at home, and all they do is collect dust now. A couple of them are over 6' tall and a few more are over 5'. Several are really nice silver cups.

At least 5 of them will be with me for as long as I can keep them. Of course, those are the 5 championships I won.

less talky, more picture posty. :p
where do I start.....?

I have given away more trophies than most on here have won with their cars. Before moving to my new house 2 years ago, I gave about 20 trophies to a local high school music department. They ranged in size from 12 to 40 inches tall.

I have also turned a lot of trophies from local shows back in to the show promoters as well, since I had too many trophies and plaques already. I usually got $5 - $10 back for them which was nice.

My wife says I still have too many at home, and all they do is collect dust now. A couple of them are over 6' tall and a few more are over 5'. Several are really nice silver cups.

At least 5 of them will be with me for as long as I can keep them. Of course, those are the 5 championships I won.

You can see our trophy wall in the background of this pic.
I need to snap a more updated pic because we added a few.
I need to also hang a couple new plaques up.

PB114442.jpg

P9140223.jpg

4 trophies on the left are Cobra's for his CSVT, and the bottom and top left plaques are his.
2 trophies on the right are the Cougar's, as are the rest of the plaques.

the tiny trophy at the bottom is 2nd place from SZ02's road rally. :D

where do I start.....?

im willing to bet paypal $$ that you have won more than all of CEG combined! :shocked: :laugh:

Back