• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2010 SHO commercial

Cool looking commercial!

I thought it was interesting that they pronounced "SHO" as "SHOW" whereas in the earlier SHO years, it was said as S.H.O :shrug:

I still laugh that they call 17/25 the fuel efficiency of a V6 with the power of a V8.

You're right in that it's not that great but I believe the G8 is rated for 20 MPG on the highway. BTW, you coming to the 28th St Metro Cruise? Can hook you up with food and bleacher seats again, let me know.

Thirst of a V6... Thrust of a V8... Weight of a tractor trailer.

Edit: also i don't they can call it S.H.O for legal reasons with Yamaha... Yamaha probably owns the rights to Super high output, i know they still use it on some of their watercraft.

You're right in that it's not that great but I believe the G8 is rated for 20 MPG on the highway. BTW, you coming to the 28th St Metro Cruise? Can hook you up with food and bleacher seats again, let me know.

Actually, it's 24 and I've seen 28 if you want to go the speed limit. Otherwise, 95 will yield you 24 as advertised.

From what I'm looking at, the Metro Cruise is August 28th...on 28th St.? How clever... I'll most likely come over for it. Are GMs allow to park at the Lincoln Mercury dealership? :laugh: Thanks for the offer.

Thirst of a V6... Thrust of a V8... Weight of a tractor trailer.

Edit: also i don't they can call it S.H.O for legal reasons with Yamaha... Yamaha probably owns the rights to Super high output, i know they still use it on some of their watercraft.

LOL tractor trailer! I always used to call them S.H.O.'s too, but I've succumbed to SHOW now.

I still laugh that they call 17/25 the fuel efficiency of a V6 with the power of a V8.

I could be wrong, so please clarify this for me. You seem to have a lot of criticism about the SHO ever since your thread about the comparo with them.

On to what I think...
I'll take a red one! :drool:

ok so i obviously know nothing about how to turbo a car. which is why i'm about to to ask this question. are those turbos on the exhaust manifold. and do cars normally have them on the exhaustust system. I thought turbos where suppose to suck air in from the highway air and push into the Intake manifold. those look like their pushing exhasut air out.

I could be wrong, so please clarify this for me. You seem to have a lot of criticism about the SHO ever since your thread about the comparo with them.

What is there to clarify? Ford keeps saying that it has V6 fuel economy and V8 power. While I'll agree that it definitely has V8 power, 17/25 is pretty poor for V6 fuel economy IMO, so I'm not sure how they seem to feel that is good. Plus, the previous numbers published were 16/25 or 16/24 IIRC, but I KNOW it was 16 city. 16 in the city is NOT V6 fuel economy or anything to brag about. Honestly, I could give a sh*t less if it got 10 miles to the gallon, I just think that it's funny that they keep pushing "V6 fuel economy and V8 power" in every advertisement I've seen for the car, when they are REALLY stretching to say 16 or 17 is typical V6 fuel economy.

Sorry that I don't drool over the thing. God knows I drive a big boat myself, and I do absolutely love it. I just don't see the appeal with this car. It isn't particularly good at any one thing. It isn't THAT fast, it doesn't handle THAT well (especially considering its AWD), it isn't overly good looking, it isn't a bargain, etc. etc.

Sorry that I don't drool over the thing. God knows I drive a big boat myself, and I do absolutely love it. I just don't see the appeal with this car. It isn't particularly good at any one thing. It isn't THAT fast, it doesn't handle THAT well (especially considering its AWD), it isn't overly good looking, it isn't a bargain, etc. etc.

And that is how I feel about your car. :laugh:

And that is how I feel about your car. :laugh:

You can feel that way all you want, but at the end of the day "the G8 GT puts the SHO on the trailer." "The two aren't even close." :p

It's faster, handles better, looks like it would eat you alive (although I don't really care for the back end), I got mine for $24k, it sounds like a real car with a V8, and will leave two rubber strips for 150' without trying, as I demonstrated to my drunk friends to piss the sorority girls off last night. But, as I believe YOU pointed out to me, it won't be made next year, and this turbocharged aircraft carrier will.

ok so i obviously know nothing about how to turbo a car. which is why i'm about to to ask this question. are those turbos on the exhaust manifold. and do cars normally have them on the exhaustust system. I thought turbos where suppose to suck air in from the highway air and push into the Intake manifold. those look like their pushing exhasut air out.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/turbo.htm

What is there to clarify? Ford keeps saying that it has V6 fuel economy and V8 power. While I'll agree that it definitely has V8 power, 17/25 is pretty poor for V6 fuel economy IMO, so I'm not sure how they seem to feel that is good. Plus, the previous numbers published were 16/25 or 16/24 IIRC, but I KNOW it was 16 city. 16 in the city is NOT V6 fuel economy or anything to brag about. Honestly, I could give a sh*t less if it got 10 miles to the gallon, I just think that it's funny that they keep pushing "V6 fuel economy and V8 power" in every advertisement I've seen for the car, when they are REALLY stretching to say 16 or 17 is typical V6 fuel economy.

I'm not asking you to drool over it. I'm just pointing out the fact ever since that comparo between the G8 and SHO, you've acted like your ???? don't stink in regards to it. That's what I wanted you to clarify, since that's the vibe you've given me in the last few SHO threads I've come across.

I'm not asking you to drool over it. I'm just pointing out the fact ever since that comparo between the G8 and SHO, you've acted like your ???? don't stink in regards to it. That's what I wanted you to clarify, since that's the vibe you've given me in the last few SHO threads I've come across.
This.

not impressed.
I'm expecting to read an article about this car 1 year from now where somewhere in the article it says "unexpected low sales numbers".

Back