• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

And so it begins...

Redoing the looms is a lot of work. I did it on my 4.6 in the Bird...after that I decided the SVT's was fine on the swap, lol.

Side note: Did you make it on RFP?

Update: I got the motor from Sam, and my trans back from Brett. Now all I am waiting on is the MSDS headers and the mounts.

However, I am starting to piece the motor back together slowly and finish painting up some of the small engine parts.

The 3L
3Ldayone005.jpg

3Ldayone002.jpg

on the stand with a nice oil cooler
3Ldayone014.jpg

new alt.
DSC09171.jpg

new gaskets
DSC09166.jpg

and me putting the LIM on.
DSC09167.jpg

clean!
DSC09177.jpg

DSC09178.jpg

more to come when i get headers/more parts painted/cleaned up.

Besides, this is a port-matched 3L, so it's supposed to be there.

No, it's not lol. Gasket material -> trace bugzuki plates -> exacto.

I asked if it was rtv hoping you would say no its polyester urethane.

Thats not RTV on the LIM is it?

yes, it's a long story. It's cleaned up better than that now though.

It's not on the LIM. Dad pulled the plates off for some unknown reason. I was at school when he began doing that process. I dont think he remembered that they were supposed to be there.

Just mention to them that you put it there, not me lol

You are safe my dude, this wasn't your doing:crazy:

No, it's not lol. Gasket material -> trace bugzuki plates -> exacto.

I asked if it was rtv hoping you would say no its polyester urethane.

It's sealant for the plates.^ I had to stick them back on.

Once again, it's sealant and it has been cleaned up since that picture. i didnt even put that much on, but i guess the pressure from the gaskets and LIM squezed it all out.

THE GASKETS DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING ON THEM. This is a port-matched 3L, so when I had the motor done, the "maker" had prepped it and where the gaskets go was another piece of metal that covered up the injector slots that were not going to be used. Dad pulled THAT off, NOT the gaskets. the sealant was used under that and we just placed the gaskets ON TOP of that piece of metal and then the LIM. Once the bolts were in, the pressure from the LIM going down on the block squished out some of the sealant... WHICH HAS NOW BEEN CLEANED UP.

understand me now? I know it was a confusing statement in my response back to ZXT.

anyways, i got new "clips" for the socondaries rod, mine were pretty old and shot. and I've also got the hardware for the foglights. Gonna work on that tonight and maybe clean the UIM up and get a few more things on the motor. I'm really only waiting for headers and the motor goes in.:cool:

update.

the foglights are done(no pics yet). I also went out and got some Tiger Hair fiberglass resin and worked on the front bumper where my crack was.

DSC09182.jpg

DSC09189.jpg

DSC09188.jpg

the inside was done for support.
DSC09192.jpg

the front.
DSC09197.jpg

i'm also filling in the three license plate holes as well
DSC09198.jpg

DSC09209.jpg

and showing my love for CEG LOL
DSC09202.jpg

and this was tonight.
DSC09210.jpg

I've still gotta get some bondo and fill in where the fiberglass didn't get, and sand down the passenger side of the bumper as well.

THE GASKETS DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING ON THEM. This is a port-matched 3L, so when I had the motor done, the "maker" had prepped it and where the gaskets go was another piece of metal that covered up the injector slots that were not going to be used. Dad pulled THAT off, NOT the gaskets. the sealant was used under that and we just placed the gaskets ON TOP of that piece of metal and then the LIM. Once the bolts were in, the pressure from the LIM going down on the block squished out some of the sealant... WHICH HAS NOW BEEN CLEANED UP.

understand me now? I know it was a confusing statement in my response back to ZXT.

anyways, i got new "clips" for the socondaries rod, mine were pretty old and shot. and I've also got the hardware for the foglights. Gonna work on that tonight and maybe clean the UIM up and get a few more things on the motor. I'm really only waiting for headers and the motor goes in.:cool:

Everyone is telling you not to use sealant between the plates and the head. if you do, use the anaerobic stuff not RTV.

just a small update: Headers and whatnot are on! the motor will be going into the car this weekend.

Cellphone pics FTL.
header.jpg

engine.jpg

Will post more of the bumper and engine with real camera tomorrow.

I saw this picture and I was like... oh no the all american 3L is coming back. I was waiting for the red, white and blue UIM...

just a small update: Headers and whatnot are on! the motor will be going into the car this weekend.

Cellphone pics FTL.
header.jpg

...and then I saw this and everything was OK :laugh:

engine.jpg

Will post more of the bumper and engine with real camera tomorrow.

Back