• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

And so it begins...

Don't use PB around plastic or rubber or you will end up replacing it.

-Andy

PB Blaster works wonders! Took me around 10 minutes to get that one side loose and it just came right off.

0013.jpg

0033.jpg

0023.jpg

Now I'm just waiting for dad to come home from work with a new valve for the air compressor and a new t-45 torx. Then i will proceed to take the cailpers/rotors off and try to get the hub apart as well.

UPDATE:

Tore the brakes/rotors off, got the axles out, and the ypipe off over the weekend, working on this when I had time. We had two car shows on Saturday so we only really worked on it Sunday.

before anyone says "you could have left the strut in". The reason the Driver's side is out is because we didn't replace that LCA back when i wrecked the car. But, with the motor coming out, we're gonna replace it now.

PICS!
driver's side
012-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

passenger side
014-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

the exhaust/y pipe removal.
034-1.jpg

we broke a few bolts...
033-1.jpg

it finally came out
027-1.jpg

ewh...blech
028-1.jpg

more room to work with now. =)
030-1.jpg

today, I'm am going to un-hook the shifter cables, and clutch line. I'm also going to try and find an emprty bucket and drain the transmission while in down there as well. We've still got a few bolts to take off up top and the majority of the wires and harness will be off the motor. Dad plans to have this thing out by Saturday.

first new part came in the mail today from the Group Buy. Thanks Gorman!
you're welcome. They are beautiful things when you see them up close. Mine is going in this weekend. There are still three places open to those who have found the money recently.. G.

UPDATE:

So, on Friday night(7/31/09), Dad and i continued to unhook various parts that could stay in the engine bay. The AC compressor was our biggest goal, and its off! Then dad wanted to get the serpetine belt off, so he went to autozone and got the serp. belt tool.

We got 1/2 way into flexing the one "pully" that needs to be flex'd to get the blet off and this happens!

001-4.jpg

002-2.jpg

003-3.jpg

004-3.jpg

005-2.jpg

It snapped right off! I didnt even apply any "serious" pressure. We've also got an engine hoist, so the motor is coming out today instead of Sat. (car show on sat)
...more pics to come!

it's really late, but i've been working on the car. i still have A LOT of pictures to upload into photobucket and I just dont have the time between two jobs and school. But I do think it's time that I share what my plans for this car are: i am going with a port-matched 3L from svttour, Trans work from livinsvt(yes, im going with a Torsen:cool:), and 80A ployfilled mounts from TEX. There some other plans too, but I am doing those as well and will post those up when I can.

BUT, I did manage to find the culprit of my problems...

001-5.jpg

002-3.jpg

bad one on left...good one on right
006-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

more to come when i upload em all.

Anyone else find it funny how in the radiator flush picture, they are working on a ford but the protective pad says "Heartbeat of America (Chevy)" ??

just a small update:
I know I haven't been keeping really up to date on this. School started and dad has told me to "forget" the car and worry about school. He has been working on some of the paint/body things at night and weekends. The whole project kind of stalled out while we were waiting for the motor and trans and mounts, so we did other things.This past weekend, we rolled it outside and cleaned out the compartment a little bit and cleaned the garaged up and waited for the 3L to get here....and its here!

painted covers.
010-2.jpg

red5.jpg

re-wrapped looms(not fully done in these pics).
harness2.jpg

harness1.jpg

rolled outside
048-1.jpg

...and the motor! THANKS SAM!
3L002.jpg

3L003.jpg

more to come tonight/tomorrow.

Back