• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

"Das Boot" Audi kid is back

The wheels are about the only thing that looks good on the car, other than that..

Wow

If it was black then maybe,but the color isnt bad. The wheels look like they are concrete:nonono::nonono:

I had to show this to a friend here at work. After some of our mutual friends dented and scratched the sh*t out of his pickup I told him to paint the entire thing with bedliner before helping anyone else move.

I think that is great and incredibly funny. It's his beater so it's not like it was a show car. I wouldn't do it, that is one paint job that would add a ton of weight.

meh, i see where he's coming from.

i'd have liked to atleast see the texture sanded flat instead of left all bumpy though. stil doesn't look THAT bad.

I think that is great and incredibly funny. It's his beater so it's not like it was a show car. I wouldn't do it, that is one paint job that would add a ton of weight.

Adding a little weight to a 4000 car doesnt seem like a big deal, especially when you consider the weight savings when all his stuff got stolen.

I kind of like it.

Guy with a subaru did his with the rattle can black bedliner stuff. He got a ton of flak for it, but i kinda thought it was cool... no worries about getting a scratch ever again.

I don't mind that idea at all. I won't go and do it though. I agree with most people and that the color should have been different. Oh well, at least he'll never have to repaint it though or wax or well anything...

I like the concept. Does anyone know if it really is as heavy as it looks? Like others have said maybe a darker colour would have made it look better.

It's not bad looking. Agreed that he could have chossen a better(darker) color, but I think he was trying to match the original paint job so the door jams didnt stick out like a sore thumb. I'd like to see it sanded down like TGO mentioned.

Very interesting idea though. A paint job that will never scratch, chip or dull ever again.

Very interesting idea though. A paint job that will never scratch, chip or dull ever again.

lol that may be true...but it still looks not great. It's like wearing a car bra all the time. Yeah, you avoid chips and stuff, but you have an ugly car bra on all the time which to me is worse than a few chips here and there IMO. :shrug:

Back