• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3l turbo down for a nap for a bit.

ryanblacksvt

I'm the Dork who ran 14.9 on PassTime. :)
Ok well I went to Silver dollar raceway this morning for import showdown and I get there put the drag wheels on, splitter on lookin good. Wait 45 minuites in the staging lanes and get up on the line for my first boosted run, do a moderate burnout to get the tires sticky. Stage the car and rev to about 2000k rpm, didnt wanna leave on boost. I jump then nothing, car wont move in any gear. We take it back to the pits and jack it up and remove the front wheels and spin the hub and hear a clicking noise. I am about 99% sure the quaife is blown. The clutch engages and I can hear chatter, then no chatter when the clutch pedal is depresed. The stage 2 axle's are fine. I spin 1 tire and the other dosent move at all on either side. Now after a 3 hour drive home in the passenger seat of a tow truck and a $400.00 tow bill I am home. Needless to say I wont be attending spring zing once again this year. Well here is a 20 second video of the mishap.

Sorry but ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Remember Todras, Karma is a :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:, it will hit you when you least expect it. Remember car guy rule # 1, never laugh at someone when thier car breaks or wish thier car harm:nonono: :nonono:

Why are we laughing at Ryan's misfortune? :nonono:

Sucks man, make sure to keep everyone updated on the car. Hopefully you can get it fixed and hopefully it isn't the Quaife as you said. :cry:

Nope they are 17" svt focus rims with bfg gforce kdw's

I will let you all know what happens, I am going to call Terry Haines in the morning to see about the quaife warantee info.

He who drags a Contour obviously needs to brush up in the smare dept. How can anyone not learn from this forum? I'll never understand. BTW I'll stake my bet on an axle. Snapped inside like most do. You'll have to pull both axles and hammer it out. Still should pull the trans too to inspect for metal particles.

He who drags a Contour obviously needs to brush up in the smare dept. How can anyone not learn from this forum? I'll never understand. BTW I'll stake my bet on an axle. Snapped inside like most do. You'll have to pull both axles and hammer it out. Still should pull the trans too to inspect for metal particles.

Will do and if you are right, I will send you $10.00 my arch nemisis:laugh:

And bring a car we've all seen a million times. Yaaaaaaaaawn. The south never comes as usual. Talk the talk every single year.

And bring a car we've all seen a million times. Yaaaaaaaaawn. The south never comes as usual. Talk the talk every single year.

Yeah thats why I spend $50.00 on shirts, paid for registration, booked my hotel, and all plans were finalized with Iceysvt:shrug:

Sorry about your misfortune man. I hope it is just the axels in the end. Only because it will save you tons of extra work.

video no worky for me:shrug:

So drive "Darth Vader" and stop the crying about the car. Just because one car breaks doesn't mean you can't attend if there is a back up available. Get on that :censored::censored::censored::censored:!

Back