• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

"no problem man, we won't part it out"

Sounds like it wouldn't have been that bad to fix, and I'm sure there are enough people around that would put the time and money into getting it fixed..... Instead of subtracting another one from the living. :shrug:

The clearcoat was messed up on every body pannel except for one of the fenders, this car was JUNK.

the only good stuff on it was the machanical bits, which deemed it good for parting out.

But yeah, i had changed when they started taking pics, I bring :censored::censored::censored::censored:ty clothes with me whenever I work on cars, I like to look nice :)

Jeff decided it would be cool to undo a coolant hose with me underneath the car removing the rear roll resistor.

Thanks Jeff.

Wait, you dumped coolant on him?

yeah, now I know what it feels like to be on the recieving end of a golden (or green in this case) shower, i'm usually more comfortable giving.

Last edited:
it would have costed 5k to fix it,with body work and paint. that would be stupid in my opinion

Amen, brother! SVT's are going for $3k-5k dollars. If you can't scrounge up the money, or get a small loan, then don't complain! :idea:

Mark

i thought it was pretty funny to jared:laugh: but look at the bright side at least you didnt put your hand in the piss bucket:shrug: :laugh:

Amen, brother! SVT's are going for $3k-5k dollars. If you can't scrounge up the money, or get a small loan, then don't complain! :idea:

Mark

or buy a broken one for 1000< and spend another $500-$1000 putting a motor or trans in.

or buy a broken one for 1000< and spend another $500-$1000 putting a motor or trans in.

Either way, these things are going for pennies, and people can't afford them? WTF? Hell, even you ended up buying one, and you said for 3+ years that you couldn't afford one! :laugh:

Mark

Either way, these things are going for pennies, and people can't afford them? WTF? Hell, even you ended up buying one, and you said for 3+ years that you couldn't afford one! :laugh:

Mark

and its because I have good friends :D

Jeff decided it would be cool to undo a coolant hose with me underneath the car removing the rear roll resistor.

Thanks Jeff.

yeah, now I know what it feels like to be on the recieving end of a golden (or green in this case) shower, i'm usually more comfortable giving.

That's great stuff:laugh: A bit awkward, but good stuff:laugh:

Agreed, there's how many of these cars left.... and you have one that runs, but decide to totally tear it down.... wtf guys.... This is Contour Enthusiast Group, not Contour Eradication Group

one more less today:eek:
IMG_0609.jpg

Why do you just kill them? That's what I don't get. That silver one just needed a respray on clearcoat...

no it didnt. the whole passenger quarter panel ,trunk, and rear bumper were wrecked. the paint job was alot more severe than just the clearcoat. cant get in the habbit of listening to aliasjerkoff.

no it didnt. the whole passenger quarter panel ,trunk, and rear bumper were wrecked. the paint job was alot more severe than just the clearcoat. cant get in the habbit of listening to aliasjerkoff.

Oh yeah. I forgot. That was the one that was returned to you rearended, right? And trust me, I know better than to listen to Jerk...:laugh:
j/k

One of these days you guys should try re-building one... :shrug:. crash damage.. yeah I can see, but ones that can be fixed and back on the road:cry:. Im still upset that the black car bill had got parted out, I could have had that running in a weekend.:nonono:

If an SVT has a straight body and just needs mechanical work, then I would never part it out. If an SVT has light damage from an accident such as messed up fenders, doors, bumpers, headlights, etc.. then I would never part it out. The only time I part out an SVT is if there is frame damage, damage to the quarter panels, or something else severe like a smashed in roof, etc... We don't only part out. ;)

One of these days you guys should try re-building one... :shrug:. crash damage.. yeah I can see, but ones that can be fixed and back on the road:cry:. Im still upset that the black car bill had got parted out, I could have had that running in a weekend.:nonono:

i have. i bought this one from hooterlure with a blown motor and minor body damage and now its my D.D:shrug:
IMG_0488.jpg

IMG_0486.jpg

IMG_0497.jpg

IMG_0605.jpg

Last edited:

Mark

Yeah, it's all about finding the good deal. I bought mine from a guy planning to scrap it. I picked my T-Red for $20. Has a bunch of goodies and a rebuilt tranny. Me and KScontourKid are doing the 3L during spring break...not that i'm bragging or anything. :laugh:

Back