• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

"Nice Twin" 99 CSVT suspension

JEDsContour

CEG'er
I’m taking the “Nice Twin" for a drive this evening. It's been a while since I last drove it. I have it on jack stands for maintenance and thought I’d snap some pictures of the suspension before I finish installing the plastic dust shields and such. Low mileage, garaged cars, are worth the trouble to find. This car is really clean underneath – almost as nice as “Evil Twin.”

My other CSVT has a little higher mileage (28,000 vs 20,000) but the Texas environment was kinder than Maryland. Nice Twin car has mild surface corrosion of exposed metal parts (more like stains) but the Evil Twin is amazingly clean underneath (too bad I’m replacing everything!).

Evil Twin is still apart, but I’m making progress.
full1.jpg

lf1.jpg

lf2.jpg

rf.jpg

lr.jpg

rr.jpg

rr2.jpg

full2.jpg

Last edited:
Stop lying to the CEG community. We all know those photos were taken in 1999 when the car was brand new. Lying will get you banned and no one will like you and you will be forced to sell your car to me for an incredibly low price. You have been warned.

:drool:

Back