• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2007 Calendar Pics Submission Thread

Guitarman19853

Hard-core CEG'er
If you are interested in being in the 2007 CEG calendar, here are the requirements:

1. Must be a current CEG member.
It doesn't make sense to have pics of cars of people that no longer are on CEG or own the car.

2. High Resolution Very Important!
According to last year's calendar thread, it was discovered that a MINIMUM resolution of 1800 x 1350 is required.
I cannot stress this enough. A fantastic photo will not make it if the resolution requirements are not met. Scanned or enlarged pics will not work. The higher the resolution the better!!!

3. High Quality
Pictures in your driveway, in front of your house, lined up at a car show, people/other cars/houses/telephone poles in the background, etc. are not calendar quality.

Suggestions: Take a look at auto magazines and see what kinds of pictures are used for cover and featured rides. Action shots, neat angles, and multiple Contiques are big pluses.

4. "Work in progress" / damaged cars
Primered parts, meshless, one spare wheel, etc. are unacceptable. Contiques with dents, scratches, etc. most likely will be eliminated.

5. No repeat pictures
Pictures from 2004, 2005, and 2006 will not be used. Pictures from that same series will not be used.

6. Photoshop
Absolutely no PS pics.

7. Submission
Try to submit smaller versions of your pics. If you are considered to be a candidate, I will contact you requesting high resolution versions.

8. "Did I make it in the calendar?"
Please do not PM me asking me this. I will not answer. Just like past years, the final 12 will not be revealed until the calendar is complete - even those who made the calendar will not know.

9. Must be a Contour, Mystique or Mondeo

=Other info=

Mods
Although visually very helpful, mods are not the only determination of inclusion/exclusion from the calendar. This is a calendar - it is visual. Cars can be any color, any year, mild to wild.

Who gets in
The process for selecting what pictures will be in the calendar will be at the discretion of a small panel of CEGers from throughout the country.

Content/layout/design
The calendar will be very basic due to price. The fancier it is, the more it will cost. Last years calendar was slightly under $20 shipped for a very basic calendar. We'll continue that for 2007.

Deadline to submit pics
November 15, 2006
This gives you four weekends to wash, wax pose, shoot and submit.

Following this date a CEGer will help design the cover and layout and design of the calendar.

Calendar release date
Due to the late start of this calendar project, the estimated date of release will be the beginning of December.

Please see these links to previous CEG calendars for examples of what calendar quality pictures should be. (Note: links to old forum)

Have fun and good luck!

Note to CEGers that may be surprised that I'm making this thread: I am merely getting the ball rolling on a calendar for 2007. I have PM'd those that made last years calendar and although they did not respond yet, I have said that they can step in and take over the 2007 calendar at any time. Having said that, if they do not want to take over, I am fully prepared to get this calendar made just as last year's was made. :)
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Just to make a response to that... Right now I do not know who will be on the final judging panel. I don't even know if I am going to be responsible for this in the end. I will take care of that after I hear back from GTO Pete, Ray, & M!key (those that did last year's calendar).

standard.jpg

Hi res

standard.jpg

Hi res

standard.jpg

Hi res

standard.jpg

Very hi res

standard.jpg

Hi res

standard.jpg

Hi res