• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Gassed Goat

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasRealtor

Hard-core CEG'er
Is it a violation of the forum policy if it only shows the speedo? If so, I apologize in advance? I just thought it was a cool vid.

TR

Last edited by a moderator:
Ls1= the suck
gtos= oprah of cars, can do a lot, but you gotta spend atleast a little coin to make them do it and then they'll always be fat

Ls1= the suck
gtos= oprah of cars, can do a lot, but you gotta spend atleast a little coin to make them do it and then they'll always be fat

You apparantly don't understand the formula for a true muscle car do you? Intermediate coupe with a mundane exterior + very powerful engine= muscle car.

They run mid-low 13's(depending on the year) stock btw, so they aren't as much of a slouch as many people would have you believe. Yes, they are heavier than the F-cars they replaced, but have you compared the interiors? Miles ahead of the Mustang's.

Oh and LS1's don't suck. Last time I checked, the LS1 was a very well-respected engine, even by Ford guys who actually know what they are talking about. Now you may not LIKE the LS1, but it does not by any means "suck".

Hell even that crazy brit from Top Gear liked the car, so I don't see your logic.

You apparantly don't understand the formula for a true muscle car do you? Intermediate coupe with a mundane exterior + very powerful engine= muscle car.

They run mid-low 13's(depending on the year) stock btw, so they aren't as much of a slouch as many people would have you believe. Yes, they are heavier than the F-cars they replaced, but have you compared the interiors? Miles ahead of the Mustang's.

Oh and LS1's don't suck. Last time I checked, the LS1 was a very well-respected engine, even by Ford guys who actually know what they are talking about. Now you may not LIKE the LS1, but it does not by any means "suck".

Hell even that crazy brit from Top Gear liked the car, so I don't see your logic.

LS1 in a heavy GTO sucks.

Heavy cars suck.

Did I say GTOs are super slow?

Did I say anything about the interior?

The crazy brit from Top Gear could be into guys, but that doesn't mean I will be too.

LS1/LS2 =worst sounding V8 EVER.

BAHHHH RASP RASP RASP..

Nice car tho. Quick. I like GTO's

I beg to differ, but you have your own opinion. I think the 5.4L mod motor sounds like ass and has no lope to it. What are you gonna do about it?

Last time I checked the Shelby was a fat pig too, so your argument is moot.

Last edited:
woohoo.....there's a guy with a GTO that's sprayin and it aint that great in MN. not impressed. they are sharp looking for what they are IMO.... i wouldnt even buy a new mustang either, so dont think im just being too biased. if i was gonna buy a new car it would be a BMW m3 :)

the LS1/2 motors sound the way they do for two reasons:
1. Emissions friendly cam
2. Exhaust design

put in a better cam and put on a new exhaust then they sound rather proper.

LS1 in a heavy GTO sucks.

Heavy cars suck.

Did I say GTOs are super slow?

Did I say anything about the interior?

The crazy brit from Top Gear could be into guys, but that doesn't mean I will be too.

Apparently you know nothing about the GTOs stock 05/06s have hit the 12s they handle pretty well too. Well it will run away from the Mustang GT most definitely even around corners. No new car in its price range will go faster.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back