• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Autocross with 2 black SVTs!

95_Mystique

Hard-core CEG'er
So, today was the first race for two Susquehanna Region CEGers in the Susq. Region SCCA. Ramon and I ripped it up today showing the world what these SVTs can do. Ramon runs in SMF and I run in DSP. Ramon runs a 3L with a Terry Hains trans. I run a full bolt on 2.5 with a Torsen T2. Both of us are on street tires, where as our competitors in our classes were all on slicks. Ramon came in 3rd in his class, about 3.8 seconds off of first place. I also finished 3rd in my class with about 2.6 seconds off of first place. The two of us were only .4 of a second apart! Win or lose, we both had a blast out there, which is what it's all about. Here are some pics taken by my wife and friend while we were out tearing it up. I also have two videos from my car. Hope you guys enjoy!

IMG_0051-1 by mhetrick3030, on Flickr

IMG_3668-1 by mhetrick3030, on Flickr

IMG_3707-1 by mhetrick3030, on Flickr

I actually got the rear tire off the ground in this pic!

IMG_0100-1-2 by mhetrick3030, on Flickr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSmZOVnllaM&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeSOMOo7gG8&list=UUpriyBWoZJRoge0DVCAxrHA

Great pictures, Mark. I definitely had a great time out there and was glad to see you there, as well. Thanks for posting them.

I wont be able to make it out in May because my wife is due 6 days after the next event, so it's hard to say where or what i'll be doing. Then June i'll be racing at Carlisle All Ford Nationals, but July is free game for me.

Oh and Ramon, I forgot to tell you, your car is pretty damn loud from inside the SCCA van. I was stuck doing the timing in the computer, and I could always tell when you were taking off. For sure the most unique sounding car there!

wow...that's my new favorite picture there! Awesome pic!! And yea, my Tour is definitely loud, but sounds good. I originally didn't have a Resonator with the new exhaust, but I couldn't hardly talk inside the car...although it sounded like a race car, lol, but hey....."A Hotrod isn't a Hotrod unless it sounds like one...Magnaflow"

Yes, the car sounds great! I'm kinda wondering who's is louder between you and me hahaha! And i'm glad you like the pic!

Looks like it was alot of fun. Hopefully I can get out and show them guys what a contour can really do on weekend this summer. lol.

Lee says that now, but I bet he'd run slower than both of us :D

Would be pretty awesome to have an SVT Contour meet at an SCCA event though.

Lol, is that a hint of reverse psychology I smell, lol...both of you have a way better suspension set up then me, though..so, you never know. Only one way to really find out...see you in May, Lee!

Im thinking July should be what I shoot for. I want to get this car out before I sell It and Im going on shift withing the next month so Ill have free time a couple weekends a month which includes more back to back days to work on it and the house(to keep the wifey happy). Dont even care if im the slowest out there. Just want to be able to drive it home afterward.

Last edited:
Sounds good, man. See you in July, hopefully. Have you done it before? Either way, check out the regions website for all the info you would need...or ask one of us, of course. Also, it's all about having fun anyways...no matter where you finish. Plus, it's a lot safer then the back roads.

True! It's all about having fun. And to be honest, I think it's a lot less hard on the car than drag racing, so you shouldn't have an issue driving it home.

Back