• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

00 csvt my car dose not have all of its power

Artan523e

New CEG'er
Hey all my name is artan i have 00 red csvt and this car is lossing power some how. i no this because i had a 99 silver csvt and that baby pulled. the problem is when i step on the gas and pass 3500 rpm the car sounds like its pulling air that the ecu dosent account for or at least that is what i think. the car has a new resenater and cat. also i have changed the spark plugs, wires, fuel filter, i dont no what the problem could be any ideas guys and girls. :confused:
p.s I love my ford and wanna c it healthy

is there a problem with the IMRC or secondary intake butterflies.? they are supposed to open at about 3500 rpm and the timing is advanced when they do. It is the aluminum box on the front valve cover. codes flag if it is disconnected but, if it drives the same with it disconnected look the system over.

hey i was working on my car today and i think you right so its off to the junk yard on thrusdaay ill keep you posted on the progress thanks for the help guys it was not connected by the way so i coneccted it and nothing happend same problem so i think i have to replace the whole thing

Back