• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

00 SVT LIM Cause Cel on 98 SVT?

Clay_SVT

CEG'er
I just completely putting a 2000 SVT LIM on my 98 and I have a P1518 code I was just curious if the newer lower intake would cause a misreading from the ECU?

Last edited:
Definition:
IMRC stuck open
Explanation:
ECM signal was less than expected
Probable Causes:
Damaged IMRC actuator
Open or shorted electrical circuit
I didnt have the battery hooked up while I was doing everything so wouldnt the ECU have to relearn everything?

I can tell somethings wrong I dont get the kick from the secondaries opening, I'm guess either the IMRC went bad (but it worked before I did the swap) or I mest some of the wiring up installing everything so I'm going to take the UIM off sometime in the next week and hopefully find the problem

Make sure the IMRC is plugged in, of course. Make sure the IMRC cable is connected at the LIM. Make sure the secondary actuator arm is in place between bank 1 and 2 of the LIM.

Yeah everything checked out everything connected and pluged in I also replaced the plastic retainers so the bar is still connected, I'm assuming something in the wiring under the UIM got pinched or cut or something, we'll see once I remove the UIM again! I also noticed a gas smell last time I took the car out? But I read in a earlier post that when a LIM/UIM rebuild is done sometimes there is a noticable gas smell so I'll just keep an eye and nose out on that one!

I had a "stuck open" problem once. This is a rare issue, because the spring on the LIM is REALLY STIFF, so they default to closed.

What had happened with me was that the cable itself had shredded and frayed INSIDE THE BOX, so it was getting stuck as it released, and was holding the linkage open.

Removed the UIM and all the wiring looked fine, cable is fine the board in the IMRC looked like it has a burnt spot in it so I might try finding another one and swapping it out any suggestions?

I went through the harness and I found the air intake temp sensor wires are frayed, everything seems to be in good order excpet I cant get any readings from the brown/white wire running into the IMRC that wire connects to the engine coolant temp sensor, intake air temp sensor, exhaust pressure transducer sensor, and TPS. The IMRC to the TPS had a reading with the ohmmeter but no where else I'm going to check everything else out tomorrow.

Back