• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Please ofr the love of God help me

Skybair

Be Gentle I'm New Here
I need some help bad guys I just bought a 98 svt and yes the wiring harness is bad but I went through on the motor wiring harness and the 3 connectors up by the ecu i took them one by one and snipped them off the plug because they were all touching but I took them one by one and connected them to there corresponding wire and they are all hard wired now , I put a new alternator in , i put a new camshaft and a new crank shaft sensor in I put a new ignition coil in , I have fuel in my Schrader valve i have spark but it still wont spark the only other thing I can think of is Pat's or the timing and in just so frustrated with this car its unreal please help oh yea also there is a radio wire coming out of the Pat's box by the passengers footwell where does that go it ends with like a thick copper line not wire but solid line

My 99 contour SE is not starting either and I am wondering about PATs. Does anyone have a key for what the red light codes and blinks mean on the black contour logo in the dash to know if you have a pats issue or not? If pats disables on a contour what gets turned off exactly? IE is it fuel pump, starter, something else or a combination. How long does it disable for?

When the car is off the light blinks slowly.
If you try to start the car without satisfying PATS, it blinks rapidly.

The PATS transceiver module detects the RFID chip in your key and sends the data from the chip to the PCM. The PCM determines if the chip is a match or not and decides if you should be starting the car.
If the PCM doesn't like your key, it will not send a signal to the ignition coil. No spark = no start
I don't remember for sure if the fuel pump or starter work or not...I think they both do but I'm only about 60% on that without checking.
There is no time delay relay associated with PATS. You either have the right chip or you don't.

Back