• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

A/C valve core sizes?

hmouta

CEG'er
I think I have an ac leak possibly in the low side valve. What size are the valve cores? I'm getting conflicting info from different vendors. Some list standard valve cores (all pics of these look silver), some some say hi-flow M10/M8 valve cores (hi/low??...all pics of these look brass). I think the JRA valve cores are for some euro/jdm cars so I doubt its those. I'm leaning towards them being the standard ones.

Attachments

• photo17890.jpg
    photo17890.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo17891.jpg
    photo17891.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 0
  • photo17892.jpg
    photo17892.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 0
There is no standard, there being more than one due to various vendors supplying the fittings to Ford. I used to sell them along with 5 million other parts. It ALWAYS required a matchup of the old with new to be dead sure of the right one.

for future search purposes.

my 99 svt had hi-side M10 and low-side M8 valve cores (the two brass looking pics in the first post). i used part# MT2906 (used by several brands). it included the right valve cores (and extra sizes) and the correct replacement caps (the black caps in the kit). most replacement caps I saw were missing a threaded stalk in the middle of the inside of the cap, even though they would look identical externally to the stock caps. these wrong caps are also in the kit.

Back