• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Any ideas

RTGT

CEG'er
This is not a valid image file, that is the message I keep getting when I try and upload my pictures. I've tried 2 different photo editing software programs, restarted after installing both over again. I even tried to upload a photo that I've uploaded before and still the same message. I've tried different formats that are listed but with no results. Any ideas?

I have the same problem...I'm using a Windows Phone, but when I had my old Android it worked. Its frustrating.... hopefully you can figure it out.

That will be an option if I can't get this working in the next few days. I've been using irfanview for three years with no problems, then it stops working. I'll need to upload my pics for the calender before the end of the month.

I would just open a photobucket account. Upload the photo there and link the image.

Well, I opened a photobucket account and I still have the same problem. Invalid file. I thought maybe the camera didn't transfer them right so I tried a picture that I uploaded 2 months back. Still the same message. Something is going on with the site on my computer because it never fully loads. As I type this I still have the twirling circle on the tab. Huh.

RTGT...how'd you get it to work? I've tried resizing down to 100, but it gets blurry. What did you end up doing?

I opened a photobucket acct. and posted through it. My virus protection had updated and that was what was causing the stopping of uploads from photobucket. I still can't upload to this site from my computer. All the other forum boards that I'm on still work, so I don't know what is going on here.

I am having the same problem. I have not changed how I post pictures, and yet even small (<100KB) pics are flagged as not valid. Its not OS related, or virus protection, but I suspect something on the web server.

Do you have many pictures listed as already uploaded when you access the file dialog ?

thanks,

Mad Dog

My phone connected through USB cable started doing this after i got the invalid file message. I am guessing a setting was automatically changed because it worked fine then 5 min later it will show half the photos then just act like its uploading and never finish.

We are looking into this. Right now I have no idea why but we are trying to track down the issue.
I'm sorry for not seeing this sooner!
I'll keep you posted.
Thanks MadDog for reporting it to BrApple.

I am having the same problem. I have not changed how I post pictures, and yet even small (<100KB) pics are flagged as not valid. Its not OS related, or virus protection, but I suspect something on the web server.

Do you have many pictures listed as already uploaded when you access the file dialog ?

thanks,

Mad Dog

I knew that the problem was on this board. I had a photo I had resized and uploaded a couple of weeks ago still on my desktop and it wouldn't take now. As far as photobucket, I changed some things within my virus protection and it allowed me to post them. I had tried 2 days in a row with no luck, then after I made the changes, success. Don't know.

IM still tinkering trying to get something to upload, but nothing so far. Make sure there are no special characters in the filename and check to make sure there aren't 2 file type suffixes on the name (foo.jpg.jpg or something).

thanks,

Tom

Just testing attaching\uploading files.

306513_434606869937&.jpg

According to the forum settings you should be able to upload the following file types and sizes (in bytes). I know 1,000,000 bytes (1MB) is still pretty small, but I raised that from 524,288. Kicker is I even tried raising .jpg to 10,000,000 and still couldn't upload a 2MB file. More research to be done there.

I'm still working on the invalid file type thing...:blackeye:

Capture..PNG

^^Well that's ••••ing tiny. Just click on it to actually see it.

Right now, since I'm not able to find any particular setting that would prevent these file types from being uploaded, I have a feeling there is something glitching in the VB software itself. We have had an ongoing issue with email notifications from the forum going out (thread reply msgs etc). I'm wondering if it's all related.

If it is something would the VB software, the good news is we are getting closer and closer to releasing the new CEG (hopefully within the next 30 days) on VB 5 with new backgrounds etc. so hopefully that will correct some of these other annoyances we are having.

However, LUCA and I are still working to try to fix this in the meantime. If anyone comes across something you think may assist us, please PM us both.

Last edited:
Yay!
We didn't do anything to fix it. ;) We've been checking all of the settings, etc. and haven't found a reason that it would stop working. Nothing was updated in the way of any settings so we have no idea what happened at this point.

Please let Dave and I know, via PM, if the issue decides to present itself again.

Thank you both for your help! It's appreciated.

Perhaps just changing the allowable file size worked and it had to update overnight for some reason. ••••, I don't know any more.

Whatever you did or didn't do, THANK YOU. I was able to upload my pictures for the calender with no problems this morning. That makes it easier for me to upload pics and I love taking pics.

We're all about making it easy and we are sorry you had the issue.
Hopefully it stays resolved.

Back