• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What did you do to your Contour today?

Today I replace the worn out ebrake cables on both side's, and installed the cat-back tru-bends exhaust I picked up!!! Win win! keeping #2013 alive..SO now the car won't roll away! yay! And no more nasty exhaust smell inside the car.. yay!!

I broke a strut the other day, lots of noise banging around. At first I thought it was a broken sway bar bracket, but on close inspection it's the strut rod, spins around by hand at the strut tower. So I guess I'll be changing the struts soon!

Driver side seat and passenger bracket installed...will install passenger seat tomorrow and Wednesday will be building my harness bar and custom front strut tower brace

Attachments

• photo18626.jpg
    photo18626.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 1
  • photo18627.jpg
    photo18627.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 1
replaced the trunk lid struts,, no more having to hold the trunk open with my hand or risk having the trunk fall on me!!

Installed my brand new Bat struts and springs!!! Also Replaced rear swat bar links,

I had a shake in the steering to wheel for about 4 years. Was told before strut front mounts were worn, so far on the 10 mile drive no steering wheel shake. Will go on 65 mile trip tomorrow. Hoping for no steering wheel shake!✌️

My Mystique's 2-year-old Monroe front struts started squeaking. Would have replaced them yesterday but O'Reilly sent me the wrong "free" lifetime warranty replacements. Hope the spring doesn't mind being compressed for a few days. Conveniently, this comes as I was replacing ball joints and inner+outer tie rods.

Got some new shoes for the tour. Firehawk indy 500 205-55/16 and an alignment . I hand Conti DW's but they got hard with age , they had plenty of meat they just got old . The Firehawks have great grip I like them so far other than that not much else going on other than getting her out in nice weather .

I've got the Firehawk Indy's as well, but in 17" form. I like them pretty well too. I got them because reviews on TireRack said they have a bit softer ride than other summer tires. My H&R springs are just a tad too stiff for my taste so every little bit of comfort added back in helps.

I'm taking my contour into the shop Friday to diagnose a high rev. It idles about 600 rpm high, and the rpm hangs between shifts. I tried the throttle hang fix and it didn't quite fix it all the way. Replaced the IAC, but no dice. Now thinking it could be related to the cruise control, as that recently stopped working and the interwebz says those two things are commonly related. Here's to hoping!

Also getting some paintless dent removal done while at the shop, and having my 16 year old 17" Konig Tantrums refurbished and straightened out. Who likes to spend money on a 20 year old Ford Contour? Oooh, pick me, pick me!

New here so catching up. Front end links came this week from Rock; still waiting on rear chassis mount bushings. Already did the rear end links on the Tour and XR. Probably install the front links this weekend, weather permitting.

In the past month I installed Ksport Kontrol Pro coilovers with all new mounts. I used the OEM style mount system for the coilovers. Ride height before was a bit high and it was unstable (worn struts and springs). The car has settled a bit and it is about 2.5 to 3 inches lower now. I have winter tires on it now but will put the Focus rims on when it warms up.

Attachments

• 20210211_093443.jpg
    20210211_093443.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 5
  • 20200622_112114.jpg
    20200622_112114.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
Back