• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What did you do to your Contour today?

IMG_3790.PNG

Pulling the 'tour out for another season.

IMHO one of the best front ends in the business....nice job Ford :cool:

The other one is out also. changed the oil and serviced the wheel bearings . plans are to pull out the interior for dyna mat and under carpet thermal barrier. I'll post pics of that project later.

IMG_0645.JPG

(Untitled)

New shoes
450844df652fed56f23a7000648bac29.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I rigged up a new PCV system. I cut the PCV intake tube to give me more room to put a 90 degree outlet for my new catch can setup. This way I can run a catch can of a different type and baffling, plus I can get to it far easier than when it was mounted below the throttle linkage.

​I also put a few more degrees of timing in the tune at higher RPM which resulted in even more tire spin... I will put new front tires on it next week, these only have 10,000 miles on them and they are completely worn out for some reason... ( I know the reason... )

Hopefully next week I will have the new throttle body from Pole, looking forward to seeing how it affects torque.

​I put over 1000 miles on it in less than 3 weeks, a record for me. It will hit 76,000 miles on the odometer tomorrow. Love this car... Nearly 14,000 miles on the new fully built engine and turbo setup.

Changed the brake fluid and coolant in my '95 Mystique this morning, then sold it for $2k to my girlfriend's father. I was its only owner since new. Since his daughter has power of attorney for medical decisions, maybe I can get it back in the will. Could I then still claim to be the original owner if I sell it again? Time to change my sig.

That time of the year to start preparing for the warmer, non-salty months! Bought the cheapest pair of shoes I could find for the pig, and I'm going to proactively drop in a new fuel pump. Never been done before on this car.

40302612813_f1407e7cab_h.jpg

Just got it put back together today. New plugs, wires cleaned the upper and lower intake, new plastic bushings in the linkage for the IMRC. fresh oil change and new fuel filter. Had a code after a little test drive. throttle position sensor wasn’t plugged in all the way

Finally! Knauberized (removed the door dingers) on the passenger side for the SVT, (will do drivers side soon). It has been something I wanted to do since owning my first Contour SE in 2003, but never did. I love the look!

Pulled the contour out of it's winter slumber, one of my favorite times of the year :) . Planning oil change today and an afternoon cruise .

Did the oil change Pennzoil ultra plat and motorcraft filter . Took her out for a little over an hour and all was good ( thumbs up ) .

I got a new NOS passenger side cowl grille ( the original did the cracking around the holes for the fasteners ) and motorcraft pollen filter so I installed those today.

mine has been parked in a shed for several years now. I decided to pull it out today and work on getting it roadworthy again. there were no problems with it when I parked it.

I found a pile of leaves and pecans under the UIM, so I spent about 2 hours cleaning out the engine bay and looking things over. put in a new battery and it didn't want to crank. I pulled the plugs and put some oil in. then it started up ok, but belt smoke started rolling out of the hood. upon inspection, I appears one of the pulleys on the passenger side is probably stuck and burning the belt.
I need to get my manual out and figure out what pulley isn't turning.

Back