No announcement yet.

What did you do to your Contour today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last thing I did was added a light bar behind my grille. Still need to get a toggle switch to wire it to

Comment

• Originally posted by weezerjerry View Post
      Projectors are all done. 5000K HIDís. The housings are also Hightowered
      Those projectors are sick! I wish my 97 sport had clear headlights so they could be converted to do this.
      1997 Ford Contour Sport (Duratec 2.5L with MTX)-Daily Driver-Overhaul 223,150 Miles: Now at 229,000 Miles
      1999 Ford Contour SVT (Duratec 2.5L with MTX) #583 of 2760 T Green -Build In Progress (Engine Repair)

Comment

• Today I replace the worn out ebrake cables on both side's, and installed the cat-back tru-bends exhaust I picked up!!! Win win! keeping #2013 alive..SO now the car won't roll away! yay! And no more nasty exhaust smell inside the car.. yay!!
        Black/Tan #0719 SVT..Gone to heaven
        Black/Tan #2013 SVT..being built/driven
        Green/Cloth 98 Zetec, Atx, Mystique..Gone
        Tan/Tan leather 99 Mystique LS V6 ATX...Daily Driver

Comment

• I broke a strut the other day, lots of noise banging around. At first I thought it was a broken sway bar bracket, but on close inspection it's the strut rod, spins around by hand at the strut tower. So I guess I'll be changing the struts soon!
          '99 CSVT # 2507
          SF/MNB
          BAT suspension, Nautilus brake conv.
          '65 Mustang coupe
          '74 260 Z

Comment

• did this a few months back...am still working on getting the buttons working but thought I would share it...
            98 Silver 3.0 CSVT #6502

Comment

• Originally posted by xStillb0rn View Post
              did this a few months back...am still working on getting the buttons working but thought I would share it...
              Very nice, looks much better.
              Don Higgins
              Crew Chief Pro Drag Racing Software
              http://www.crewchiefpro.com
              1999 3.0 Turbo CSVT ** 2013 American Dragster with 1100 Horsepower 7.28 @ 185 mph

Comment

• I miss my SVT
                1998 Contour SVT #772-

Comment

• Driver side seat and passenger bracket installed...will install passenger seat tomorrow and Wednesday will be building my harness bar and custom front strut tower brace
                  98 Silver 3.0 CSVT #6502

Comment

• Originally posted by xStillb0rn View Post
                    Driver side seat and passenger bracket installed...will install passenger seat tomorrow and Wednesday will be building my harness bar and custom front strut tower brace
                    What is that steering wheel from and how hard of a conversion was it?
                    1997 Ford Contour Sport (Duratec 2.5L with MTX)-Daily Driver-Overhaul 223,150 Miles: Now at 229,000 Miles
                    1999 Ford Contour SVT (Duratec 2.5L with MTX) #583 of 2760 T Green -Build In Progress (Engine Repair)

Comment

• replaced the trunk lid struts,, no more having to hold the trunk open with my hand or risk having the trunk fall on me!!
                      Mikey
                      00 SVT CONTOUR #1363 Built Date 1/7/2000 Black/Tan 136k
                      99 Contour SE Bought 10-2003-Sold 04-2017
                      08 Ford F-150 Limited #357/5,000
                      93 Ford Thunderbird, 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Comment

• Installed my brand new Bat struts and springs!!! Also Replaced rear swat bar links,

I had a shake in the steering to wheel for about 4 years. Was told before strut front mounts were worn, so far on the 10 mile drive no steering wheel shake. Will go on 65 mile trip tomorrow. Hoping for no steering wheel shake!✌️
                        Mikey
                        00 SVT CONTOUR #1363 Built Date 1/7/2000 Black/Tan 136k
                        99 Contour SE Bought 10-2003-Sold 04-2017
                        08 Ford F-150 Limited #357/5,000
                        93 Ford Thunderbird, 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Comment

• My Mystique's 2-year-old Monroe front struts started squeaking. Would have replaced them yesterday but O'Reilly sent me the wrong "free" lifetime warranty replacements. Hope the spring doesn't mind being compressed for a few days. Conveniently, this comes as I was replacing ball joints and inner+outer tie rods.
                          '93 Ford Mondeo Si w/ RS body kit
                          '93 Ford Mondeo Ghia
                          '96 Mercury Mystique 2.5l GS
                          '99 Ford Contour SVT #1971
                          '95 Ford Contour Electric Conversion (Voltour)

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueSupreme View Post

What is that steering wheel from and how hard of a conversion was it?
                            It is from a 2018 focus RS...I am still in the process of getting it just right...and when I finalize it I will do a write up on it...
                            98 Silver 3.0 CSVT #6502

Comment

• Originally posted by silverskoundrel View Post
                              Last thing I did was added a light bar behind my grille. Still need to get a toggle switch to wire it to
                              I got a regular contour grille to cut up

Comment

Working...
                              X