• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

$700 dollars gone

yea number 1 priority should be that turbo...its just so depressing walking into the garage and seeing that :(

Well She bought me my first car and pretty much does everything for me!! I just received the contour with 75,000 miles on it as a gift from my uncle for graduation from highschool. I don't mind paying, i just don't want to spend more than its worth either. Plus shes paying for me to go on a cruise next winter :) It just sucks being in college and not making that much money. $700 is a pretty hard hit on me...

Free car? Free cruise!! Holy crap, must be nice! I'm surprised she isn't paying for the repairs herself :rolleyes:

Well She bought me my first car and pretty much does everything for me!! I just received the contour with 75,000 miles on it as a gift from my uncle for graduation from highschool. I don't mind paying, i just don't want to spend more than its worth either. Plus shes paying for me to go on a cruise next winter :) It just sucks being in college and not making that much money. $700 is a pretty hard hit on me...

?????????????CRUISE??????????? I wouldn't have to think twice about asking for some help. Jeez, the cruise probably costs almost as much as the car did. Or use the cruise money for the car AND the turbo and have a bunch left over. A cruise is nice but it sure would be on the very bottom of MY priorities.

ya it'll rust, but theirs a trick to that, get touchup paint and just cover the scratches, an auto body shop can color match and give paint to exactly match for less than 40 dollars, it won't look perfect but that will stop the rusting and stuff until you get the money to properly fix it.

yea number 1 priority should be that turbo...its just so depressing walking into the garage and seeing that :(

I dont know man, thats a pretty hefty top priority if you ask me :ponder:
There are alot of other things ya may want to do first because I can garuntee you that crap is gonna start breaking on your car..its just how our car is, mostly for me its been catching up JUST to keep from no breaking..plus turboing and maintaining it = $$$

Myself, I'd rather go on a free cruise than spend the money on a car....

Yeah I know, you guys really are into your cars, but I've never been out of the province so I would die to get to be able to sail around for a while!

Back