• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Sell or keep?

topgearsvt

CEG'er
:cry::cry:I have silfro svt with 160,000 miles give or take a few. Just blew out the slave cylinder. Its becoming a money pit and i leave August 21st for Parris Island. My brother needs a car and i just wanted to get some opinions! should i sell the car and just get something cheap or should i fix it? what are the prices im looking at for selling it vs. fixing it?:help: I LOVE the SVT so much!!!!!!! and im planning on compleatly builing up a new one when i get back from basic and job training!... or just buying one that has been tuned already

Ok, think about it this way. You will spend about $1,000 to get in there, put a new clutch kit in, new slave cylinder, and still end up with a good running car with a new clutch right?

Can you replace it for something "better" for under $1,000 including the tax, title, and licensing fees that doesn't need any other work ?

Cheaper to fix and drive. :cool:

And if you keep it, you saved yourself the hassle of looking for another one to build up. Another one of which a certain amount of someone's work you may not know of. When you do the slave cylinder fix, you'll know you've done everything yourself and will be, well, should be, comfortable and satisfied with it.

Fix it and keep it. Nuff said....I dont know why we gotta have these pointless threads on here. lmao j/k Definately fix it...once she is fresh again....you will thank us!

Sounds like your asking prices to have a shop fix it, im sure a shops labor to drop the subframe and get the trans out is around 700-900.
Plus the slave, from Ford is $115. Depending on how the clutch looks you could use it, but if you have the cash it's good to replace while your in there.

If your interested, i can do the work for you if you bring it to me, for way less then a shop will. I've had my Cougar apart and back together 3 times since March (not my fault btw) so i can almost do it with my eyes closed LOL.

Svt Contours by far are one of the best cars made imho i will never get rid of mine now,if there is a problem its always worth it to fix.....and if the engine goes 3.0 is the answer everyone seems to like here i still vote keep it

Sounds like your asking prices to have a shop fix it, im sure a shops labor to drop the subframe and get the trans out is around 700-900.
Plus the slave, from Ford is $115. Depending on how the clutch looks you could use it, but if you have the cash it's good to replace while your in there.

If your interested, i can do the work for you if you bring it to me, for way less then a shop will. I've had my Cougar apart and back together 3 times since March (not my fault btw) so i can almost do it with my eyes closed LOL.

Yeah, that price I was talking about is for a shop to do it. Most will drop your subframe some will pull it all out the top. The $1,000 price includes parts and labor for a shop to do it. The clutch kit alone is going to cost you about $320 for a Ford SVT one.

Yeah, that price I was talking about is for a shop to do it. Most will drop your subframe some will pull it all out the top. The $1,000 price includes parts and labor for a shop to do it. The clutch kit alone is going to cost you about $320 for a Ford SVT one.

yeah you should just sell it. :laugh: how much you asking lol.

Back