• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Things are coming together.. v8 svt

contourkid

CEG'er
Ha, not really. But kinda

I got a 427 cubic inch 351w stroker. My friend received an OWI, and started parting out his mustang.

For helping him with his OWI fines, and helping him with the part out, I got to call dibbs on 4 pieces of the car. I got the motor, transmission, wheels, and mosier for 9 in rear. YAY

427 ci Crate Engine - 549.3 HP 500 ft/lbs TQ
Dart SHP 4 Bolt Main 350 Block w/ 4.125 bore & 2 Piece Rear Main Seal
Honed w/ Deck Plate
Mains have been Align Honed
Block has been Decked
Dura Bond Bearing Installed
Brass Freeze Plug & Oil Galley Kit
Eagle 4340 Forged Steel Crankshaft w/ 3.850 Stroke
Eagle H-Beam Connecting Rods w/ ARP Bolts & Bushed Pins
SRP or Mahle Forged Pistons
Clevite H Series Rod & Main Bearing
Hastings Hand Filed Performance Rings
Complete Rotating Assembly will be Balanced
Custom Ground Hydraulic Roller High Performance Camshaft
Roller Lifters
Lifter Guides
GM Roller Lifter Retainer Tray
Dart Performance Pro One Aluminum Cylinder Heads
Stainless Steel 2.05 Intake Valves
Stainless Steel 1.60 Exhaust Valves
High Performance Valve Springs & Retainers
7/16 Screw-In Studs & Hardened Guide Plates
Chrome Moly Push Rods
Performance Stainless Steel Roller Rockers
Three Piece True Double Roller Timing Set
Melling High Volume Oil Pump & Screen
Chrome Oil Pan1
Chrome Dip Stick & Tube
Chome Timing Cover
Fel-Pro Performance Gaskets
Edelbrock Victor Jr. Intake Manifold
Chrome Thermostat Housing
Holley 4150 Series Carburetor
MSD Pro Billet Distributor
MSD 6AL Ignition Control Box
MSD Blaster II Coil & Bracket
AC Delco Spark Plugs
Custom Fit Taylor 8mm Ignition Wires
Hi-Flow Cast Iron Water Pump
Professional Products Performance Balancer
Starter & Flex Plate for Auto Transmission2
Custom Made Polished Aluminum Valve Covers
Chrome Air Cleaner
He got it from Proformance Unlimited out of Free Port NJ; it was fast in his 89 mustang so I can only imagine what it would do in a svt contour.

Transmission
Tremec TKO 600 Ford Road Race overdrive (TCET4617)
Transmission is rated at 600 lbs. ft. torque
First 2.87, second 1.89, third 1.28, fourth 1.00, fifth/OD .82

Rear end
Mosier 9" musclepack with willwoods... schwing. Lol

Wheels
Black Deep Dish Bullitt 18x9 fronts, 18x10 rears, both have nitto drag radials... not my choice but they are almost free.

And I have found a T-red svtc in Iowa with a blown motor... PERFECT.

The mustang two front end is going to run me 3500 with shipping and such. It is a tubular A arm with coilovers. Schwing

But yes, I am sitting here, getting stuff mapped out, and the only things I still have not worked out is the Trans hump, because the heater and ac under dash monster will have to be gone, that leaves retro mod ac kits, as far as I have given thought.

The rear end will be fun, 4 link? Sure, not sure how else I could it.

So that is all for now, just giving you guys a realistic heads up.

CK

Wow..... 2 words, subframe connectors.... That engine is gonna make a corkscrew out of a contour. You need a place to attach links anyways.

yeah, the subframe connectors, will be interesting. the four link will most likly be 1/4-1/2 plate welded over the rear half of the car. the weling in the bracketry and gussets with my fathers new cnc machine. absolute worst case scenerio is that i roll the car over to my friends house, chip out about a grand have his dad put in a full cage with the suspensionfront and back welded in. Roll protection is nice lol.

thinking of the fuel cell out of my old hobby stock to reuse in the v8svt. any one have cool names for such a critter? hahaha

but still looking for a suitable body. http://corner-carvers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13919 reinforcement ideas came from this model, the rear half alone.

progress will be slow, isnt my first fab, but i am horible with geometry, and only have a certain amount of money a month

CK

monstur, good, but too similar to monstour
S V8 T, unique I like it
Baby etr, lol a little too hard to be clinically sane

COBRAKLR
TNR4DNR
NOFRTCN

lol

the way the frame is going to come along, is either back halfing or going to doo a full frame and drop the body back onto the new chassis... any ideas

http://www.stuff.to/svtspecs.php#body got some track measurements, front and rear, so I used the numbers provided, and subtracted the rims' offset to get my hub to hub length. It was 57.263779527620905 inches, The overall track is front: 59.2" (1504mm) rear: 58.5" (1486mm). I am guessing this is with the stock wheels on. I can make my slight tweaks to my wheels and make the track measurements the same as if the car were to be stock. If someone could verify this, I would be greatful. I would like to do all the cam work, and such before buying a car, because once the car is here, it is just a matter of mocking up all the vitals, and running lines and such, the easier part of the fabrication. So now I can throw in an order for the mustang 2 front end.

Looking at doing another from scratch full frame, I have only done one, in my life, it was for a model A and we stretched it to look like it was sitting on a pinched '32 duce frame. My grand fathers' words, not mine.

The only factors are how much to have a 2x4 (11 ga) rectangle tubes mandrel bent. I may use channel steel for the A, B, C brace but I am not sure on that yet. The frame will be tying in to where the bumper supports are, well maybe, there is something still kind of cool about a front flipping clip on a svtc

http://autoweldchassis.com/cp.ivnuhttp://autoweldchassis.com/univ.ivnu Gave them a detailed list, and they can build me a frame. Which is better then me burning through 2 grand worth of steel, and alot of cigarettes trying to get it bent... And they can do it without having wrinkles lol. the quote was 8500 ballpark (from what the guy said), that is if I bought everything through them. But instead I will most likley ship them a car, and mustang 2 front end, 4 link, wheels, rear end, and tranny. They have a 351w mock up motor they use but they dont have the tranny to use for mock up purposes. In return I will get a Mandrel bent 2x4x 11ga full perimiter frame, with the car rolling on the mustang two front end and the four link ford 9 inch and a chromoly roll cage.

Thought to ponder. I will most likely go this route

CK

He said I'm looking at about 1.5 months, after it gets there. But that also includes a fully function back seat I guess, and easy entry door bars. It will take me a while to get this project done. Looking like about a year and a half

Back