• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Harliquin contour

ltnitup

New CEG'er
Every wire under my hood on my 1998 Harliquin painted SVT Contour is delaminating. It's more than just the engine and injector harness. Im thinkin about just giving up and selling this one. It's posted on the Lynchburg VA craigslist for sale. Is there anyone who has replaced every wire under the hood and lived to tell about it. Im worried that if I had to pull the dash later I will run into the same thing. Anybody know if the dash harness will delaminate as well? I've spent alot of time and cash on the Harliquin paint and the 18" wheels but don't know if it's worth fixing. Let me know what you'all think.

The wiring behind your dash is less subject to cracking since it does not see the same temperature differentials as the engine wire harness. If you did experience any problems with the wiring behind the dash, it would be corrosion on the connectors (usually not a problem unless you unplug them and plug them back in) or years or even decades in the future.

In e0's there has been several blower motor and a/c wires known to melt for unknown reasons.

That kinda happens in later model contours too. I have seen more than a few 99s, all zetecs (though I cannot say for sure it is just a zetec thing), that have the wiring for the blower melt right next to the fuse block. I have never been able to figure out why that happens. I have never seen it in a 2000. I don't know if doing anything with or replacing the harness prior to them melting will change whether or not they melt either, because as I said, I have never been able to find a cause for it.

Back