• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

#0604 Has Made It To It's New Home In North Florida!!

rexxdoggy

Hard-core CEG'er
Well, after a long trip from West Palm Beach consisting of a bunch of stops and 550 some miles of road, I have made it with my newly and freshly built, 3L monster of car, #0604!

Bought from Sam earlier today, at approximately 2:30 PM at Burger King, where I also met Brent! Very cool guys and just awesome to talk with in general. Sam has been very helpful as I made my way home and is an awesome dude for sure!!

Although, the last leg of the trip, I did manage to run into some lame-ness. I believe the alternator is caput. I was stranded 40 miles from home and waited an hour to have my dad deliver a new battery and limped on home. But, all will be well soon.

None the less, the drive back was AMAZING! The car is everything I had hoped for. It was a blast to drive. I got to try out my new sea-legs once again hahaha.

Pics will be posted tomorrow. Before and after clean up! Hahaha

Im glad you made it home safe. That blasted alt should have crapped out on me when I had the car. I hate that. I will order a reman alt from Team Ford for you on Monday.​

Good purchase. I saw your car a few weeks back during the 3L swap. Just wish I could have taken a ride in it. Looked really nice.

Well, at least the rest of the car is new :). Battery and alternators are minor, glad you made it home. Nice buy.

Back