• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Yellow samco hose kit or not? Poll inside:

Yellow samco hose kit or not? Poll inside:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

blu_fuz

New Member Classroom vulture
I have been offered a yellow samco hose kit for my car. The only thing is I don't want too much yellow because my car isn't yellow. I just want yellow to compliment the eggplant, so would the hose kit be too much. AND the hose kit is more like lemon color than banana.
Help me please, I don't know what to do because I havn't seen a yellow kit installed......
Here is the motor & engine bay for getting more of a visual:
newpics076.jpg

3Lbuild086.jpg

Go for it..... I think it would look good. but remember you dont have to put ALL the hoses on

So if it is a bit to much you can use a couple out of the 5 here and there...

- amyn

^^^ damn it you are smart!

/poll - j/k :laugh: - good point, but the hose kit costs so much I would want to use it all......

I'd say go for it. Amyn brings up a good point: If one of them seems to make it too much, take it off! I think it will bring a balance to the engine bay, a tad more yellow to the passenger side and the front...

I wouldnt do it. I I think yellow would look good, but I think it would really detract from some of the other show pieces underneath the hood like the UIM, valve covers, heatshield, etc. It would be too busy imho.

Ewww, I can kinda see which way this is going..... need more votes!

count me in for no...again, I'll vote once a day outside of the poll. The yellow is an accent...the hoses are too much. You'll be blinded everytime you open your hood & it's not the right color anyway. Too bad they don't come in gray w/ black clamps...that'd be perfect. :cool:

Thanks for reassuring me that I am not dumb :D - I love you guys! - I think I will pass on the hoses unless someone else wants them.....

Back