• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

$2k to spend. what to get

99csvtoledo

CEG'er
im getting a loan to fix my car up and i need advice on what to fix. im going to fix the misfire so im guessing about 500 for that and im gunna get new suspenstion im getssing bout 700 for that. so ill have about 800 left over... what should i do? i was thinking bout getting new injectors fuel filter alignment...any other ideas

do the fuel filter yourself. its stupid easy. even if you dont know much about cars. it'll save you a decent amount of money

why do you need new injectors? have you replaced the plugs and wires, that is most likely the source of the misfire ...

plugs and wires were replaced still have the P302 code. and injectors just cuz sometimes when i statrt eh car it dont fire up right away almost liek it dont wanna turn over, i think that may be a reason. any other stuff to do?

What's the diagnosis on the Misfire?

Possible causes of a Misfire are Plug's, Wires, or Coil pack. Non of which should cost you any where near $500.

After replacing the suspension, you should always get a wheel alignment.

Whats mod's do you have? Is this your DD?

First I'd make sure all the suspension bushings (control arms,sway bars) are up to par.

Second K&N drop in Filter or CAI

Are you running stock rims? A good set of rubbers can do wonders for a car's enjoyment.

Optimized TB, optimized Y-pipe. UIM/LIM cleaning

o2 sensors can cause a misfire aswell. happened to me before. fuelfilter is ten minute job,most of that time is spent jacking the car up. pass on new injectors

droppin some money on mine this summer too.. now we'll have two hot toledo'ins :cool:

Back