No announcement yet.

Time to start tearing out those 3.0's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to start tearing out those 3.0's?

There seems to be some evidence that the SVT's might have a legitimate collectors afterlife...
    Does anyone think we will we start seeing 2.5l restorations anytime soon?

I've got two sets of SVT heads and blocks laying around right now that I keep telling myself to scrap for the aluminum, but I might just keep them around in case they come back into fashion.
    Actually, I could have a fully dressed SVT engine put together for the cost of software if I thought it would be worth the trouble...Its a lot easier to store that stuff in pieces though.
    Your car is uglier than I am! uh...that didnt come out right.

Kind of hard to say, I don't believe the value would change that much from 2.5 to the 3.0. The only way I would see the value of the car being hurt is if it had extremely low miles on it. Otherwise I would think the 3.0 would help the value just because of the added power. They maybe worth a little bit down the road to a few but not a widespread collector like a lightning, Grand National or a Typhoon. Which I am glad to see because people bought these cars to drive not just sit in a garage somewhere
    98 CSVT E1, Bat Intake, MSDS Headers, O/R Y pipe, B&M shifter and HMS Tranny with Quaiffe, Port Matched 3L Gone but missed :(

99 Trans AM 416 477rwhp & 462rwtq

Comment

Working...
    X