• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Brazilian 1995 Duratec V6 Restoration

FireKnight099

New CEG'er
Looks like you have a lot of work to do! Welcome to the site.

Is your 1995 an automatic or a manual transmission? Electronic or cable driven speedometer?

blu_fuz, the contour is automatic transmission v6 2.5, as for the speedometer cable I don't remember, but I think it was by cable

the idea is to change the transmission to manual

thanks for the personal reception! , it took me a long time to post again because I was very busy ... currently I already have the chassis wires restored ... and I'm just waiting for the engine to come back from repair, as it was stopped for many years and I had to make rectification because water came in in the combustion chamber and you hear corrosion, then the engine was opened and repaired again.

the idea of ​​this car is to convert the automatic transmission to manual. I already have the gearbox purchased (which I got from a Ford Mondeo that came with this engine to Brazil) and also the engine module

first I replaced the rear window because it was broken from a coconut that fell on it where it was on the owner (hahaha)

Attachments

• photo18614.jpg
    photo18614.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 0
  • photo18615.jpg
    photo18615.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 0
I don't know if I can post more on this topic, because I'm kind of lost on which forum I can post the project ... (administrator please, if you want you can move the topic)

the next step I took was to remove the engine and assess the condition of the engine, because as I said here, I had to refer it to a repair shop.

Attachments

• photo18616.jpg
    photo18616.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 0
  • photo18617.jpg
    photo18617.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 0
then I started the restoration of the chassis wires, because they also knit are damaged (not only the engine harness as the recall asks to change)

Attachments

• photo18618.jpg
    photo18618.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 1
  • photo18619.jpg
    photo18619.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 1
  • photo18620.jpg
    photo18620.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 1
Back